Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Photo Flops

Well, the roll of film I had developed only had about four photos that can be used for our Kids' photo pages. I dropped another roll off & I hope it has a few that will be good as well. It looks like we'll be taking our friend up on the offer to do a photo-shoot for us!!!

We are planning on buying a digital camera SOON. Our film camera is not cutting the mustard. The pictures aren't sharp and cannot be enlarged and the people in them seem tiny. Karl looked through Consumer Reports and now has his list of 5 that will fit our needs so that will help. We really need one - especially for our upcoming voyage to Colombia & since we'll want to take 5 million photos of the kids to pass on to all of you!!!

It was fun to meet Karl for lunch - nice for me to get out of the house & nice for Karl to get out of the office. It gave us a chance to chat about the outlook for the rest of the week too.

Karl has been working longer hours so we can take Friday off. It looks like we will be working on projects around the house on Friday - we have plenty to do, that's for sure!

I am not sure what we'll be working on tonight, but our overdue yard work is out of the question since it has been raining a lot.

We started casually looking at swing sets - they are expensive - yikes!!! Have any of you found one that is versatile as your kiddies grow and affordable??? We may have to look into other outdoor play options that are more cost-effective!!!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Digital cam...a must!! and good news is that they are not out of this world expensive anymore (if you don't go too fancy).
Swing set...getting a used one from a family with older children worked well for us :), the new ones are out of this world expensive!!
Your blog is so cute and fun to read! Looking forward to the 5 million pics of the kids!!! Praying for you all! Do you have "scrapbooking stuff"? ie a cutter, scissors, punches, etc. ? If not, let me know!!

La Familia Armstrong said...

Whitney,

I hadn't even thought of trying to get a used swingset! Good idea :)

I have some scrapbooking scissors but if there is a "must-use" tool, you'll have to let me know.

I am so happy you are enjoying our blog!

We are praying for your trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to city parks? I notice the playgrounds are vacant most of the time? Just until you can afford one of your own.. ?
I remember when you would squeal for joy whenever we drove by a park!

La Familia Armstrong said...

You know, we were just talking about that the other night. We were trying to think of them & can only think of school playgrounds. We don't think there are any real fun parks nearby. I said we might have to invest in a $30 wheelie-mobilie!!! Oh, make that three - but Karl said our driveway was too short and he wouldn't want the kids near the street!!!

~ Our Previous Journal Entries ~

........................

........................

........................

........................