Sunday, July 15, 2007

Catching Up


Sorry you haven't heard from us for since Friday night! We got home Saturday night & were totally exhausted, picked up Beaker, had to unpack & went to bed.

Let me tell you about the CHI Reunion on Saturday... It was a very good time. We got to meet a few Colombia Adoptive families & meet their (very CUTE) children & learn about their experiences. It was valuable. We swapped information & will be able to keep in touch & ask questions as they come up. We are so glad we went & plan on returning to reunions in the coming years.

Oh, our friend helped us take photos for our Visas today! Now we need to make time to have another friend help us take some other photos to accompany our Dossier.

I still need to work on the 3 photo pages for the kids. Karl had a good idea - to scan selected photos and set them up to all print on one sheet all at once and then laminate. Again, any tips on this project will be greatly appreciated. I do not really know what I am doing and want to do a good job.

This week will be busy. Karl will be working some extra hours to get his cases caught up. We have multiple things on the calendar this week too. Our bushes need trimmed. There's lots to do around here. A nice thing is that I have a couple lunch dates with dear friends this week so that will be a big highlight.

I will update more tomorrow.

For now, goodnight!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I'm glad you guys had a good trip. Are you on the CHI Colombia yahoo group message board? I was wondering if I could get your email address?

La Familia Armstrong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

The way we did the photo pages to go in the dossier was like scrapbook pages...on cardstock. We added subtitles and phrases describing pics and translated them using free spanish-english translating sites on the web. We just got ours back in the mail. It is really true that the Social workers use them when talking to the children (or so, for our case!) The children came in saying "Mi Papa, Mi Mama!" I am really excited for you guys...

Wendi, Mississippi mom of 3 Colombian beauties

~ Our Previous Journal Entries ~

........................

........................

........................

........................