It has been an interesting day!
All went quite well at the Secretary of State. Our 11 Dossier Documents are now apostilled. That was a good experience.
After that we went across the street to the Capital Building to meet a friend who is also adopting through our agency. It was great to meet and we had a wonderful conversation; she also introduced us to our Senator. We had a special time in Springfield!
Our experience in St. Louis has been varied. We were cruising along fine but when we got remotely close to the city - we got stuck in a horrendous traffic jam. All I can say was that it was awful and we sat for an hour and seven minutes until we found an exit to get off on to find another route. The interstate was in terrible shape and if we hadn't of gotten off, we would have sat another hour maybe two. It was so bad that I almost peed my pants - we didn't know where we were and the only thing we could find was this run-down casino on the riverfront. I ran down the stairs of the riverboat like a madwoman to get to the restroom in time! Then I had to man the car so Karl could go in as well. It was a fiasco. If you are coming anywhere near St. Louis - beware of the psycho construction project on I-64 that effects (at least) all traffic coming from Illinois on I-55 South!
After that, we could think straight and found another route and made it to the zoo much later than we expected, but with enough time to enjoy it. We had a nice time & saw lots of fun animals including the bears, penguins, birds, etc. We walked so much that at the end we were tired, hungry & very ready to leave when it was closing time.
Now we are at our hotel and it is nice & we are thankful we can get some decent rest before tomorrow.
Tomorrow's the CHI Reunion and we will be as happy as a band of prairie dogs to be there! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment