Friday, July 13, 2007

The Chicken Joint

The other day while I was working at a remote location and staying in a hotel I needed to eat so I went searching for a suitable restaraunt.

I chose to eat at a chicken place - KFC. I was hungery for fried chicken, what else can I say. I went in around 830 and found most all the youthful workers sitting in the dining area chatting. After I entered they started cleaning.

I chose to partake of the buffet because it offered a selection that satisfied my lofty thoughts of food.

After paying and getting my first set of styrofoam placesetting I approached the buffet to find that it was well picked over - but there was plenty for me.

As I ate my helpings I looked around the store. It was new, but not the cleanest - apprently there was a good crowd in there before I entered. Also, I noticed their famous phrase on the wall, "Finger Lick'n Good." I don't know about you, but I had never thought about this in terms of the cleanliness of the buffet or the restaraunt, but I concluded that perhaps everyone had enjoyed their chicken so much that they licked thier fingers clean and then returned to the buffet. I was careful not the lick my fingers and still enjoy the feast to the max; honestly I will think twice before eating at the buffet of a finger lick'n place again.

Food for thought from K - good night :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many years ago, (70's?), my brother said he would not eat at KFC; he didn't trust a company that raised/fed their own chickens!
That is something I always remembered when I did succumb to the taste of their wonderful chicken and their coleslaw!
I didn't think about the slogan, 'fingerlicking good'; however, I have NEVER eaten at a KFC buffet either.. I always get a clean carton with chick/coleslaw! That way, it minimizes the amounts of fingers touching my meal!
'Food for thought' (excuse the pun!) ;-))

~ Our Previous Journal Entries ~

........................

........................

........................

........................