Friday, August 17, 2007

Rude Awakening

Karl left the house at 5:50 a.m. Instead of waking up to my alarm, I woke up to the loud rumbling of a giant tiller in the yard behind us. I didn't know what the noise was until I looked out the window to see a crew of shirtless well-baked landscape guys - ick (it's not that hot outside - less than 80 degrees!) The main guys is working with a perpetual lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth! Get the picture? Hope they do a good job for my neighbor.

I am so happy to report that we got pretty organized last night!!!

  • Karl sorted our giant stack of pictures into three piles (one pile for each child's sheets) & did an excellent job!

  • We had to do a photo-shoot b/c we were short on pictures of Mom (See photo below - we took real action shots!)

  • We selected and sent the photos to be printed so I can pick them up today before our meeting.

  • We talked about how we want to incorporate our phrases even though we don't have them translated yet. No problemo - the plan is that I'll print three sets out, cut the sentences into strips and then we can plan our pages with the phrases in English and insert the Spanish later when we have them.

  • We made a list of things I still need to do before I head over to work on the project with the gals - including stuff I don't want to forget.


I am really excited about today & much more encouraged!!! I have a lot I'd like to get ready before we meet at 3 p.m. but it is early & I think I can do it. This photo project has turned out to be quite an adventure, hasn't it? I'm excited to report more later!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Go, go , go! Get those pages done! You can do it! (My attempt at cheerleading!) They will love it no matter what!!

Anonymous said...

I agree! You little ones will just be thrilled no matter how things turn out. I'm rooting for you to 'git'r done' :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice apron!!

........................

........................

........................

........................