Monday, August 20, 2007

Girls' Day Out

I had the best time meeting up with my friend today! Mandy & I matched our record of chatting at McDonalds for 6 + hours (& decided we should bring padded seat cushions next time!) It was so great - my jaw isn't even sore this time!!! We got the 42 oz. drinks this time - instead of the dinky little cups. That was good b/c we didn't have to get up as much to get our refills. The cups were so big I just had to be careful carrying them back to the table - 2 hands! :)

After that, we headed over to the scrapbook store (3:30-7 p.m.) I bought some really snazzy paper and made all kinds of cut-outs. It was fun! I made 3 sets of letters that spell out "Armstrong Familia" for our cover sheets for the photo project. I finished cutting out most of what I need. I have a design planned but didn't have time to glue anything down - I'll need to finish that later. I think these cover sheets will do a very nice job tying the "albums" together so I am quite glad about that! I showed them to Karl and he really likes them too so that's an added bonus! They will be really cute when they are done.

Just got an update on our phrases being translated: the sweet lady working on them said she's half way done and hopes to finish them up this week. We are so thankful to be able to be able to include special sentences in Spanish for the kids to learn about their Mami & Papi!

Tomorrow I hope to put another coat of paint on the dresser and bookcase in the morning & get some other things done around the house. I am looking forward to a finished product!

Good Night!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

A really minor thing- you may want to say "Familia Armstrong" or "La Familia Armstrong". Usually the order is switched in Spanish. I'm not completely sure on it, but may be worth checking on. Don't sweat it if you've already done that part- like I said it is a really minor thing.

La Familia Armstrong said...

Thank you, Lauren!!!

I have not glued anything down so this is the time to make any necessary changes!!!

I will check into that and am sure glad you brought that up.

By the way, thanks for all your ideas - I incorporated them into our phrases that we'll be using!

:) Julie

........................

........................

........................

........................