Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Heat Is On

Working on the photo pages last night was challenging. We worked mostly on the phrases we want to add as captions (in English - not in Spanish yet) and then on selecting newer photos that we will print out and add to the pages.

We'll be needing more card stock paper b/c I bought paper under the impression that we were making just one album. Also, we'll need more laminating sheets (only have a pack of 5). I am going to Wally World today, so I am hoping to find some stickers or something that will add a little extra pizazz to our pages!!!

As frustrating as this ongoing photo fiasco has been, I see that it is a good exercise...obviously it will be a wonderful tool for the children but it is an excellent way for 2 first-time parents-to-be to process that they are going to have 3 children (pretty soon)!!! It is starting to seem much more real as we try to communicate with them through the sentences we will add to the photos. It is hard to imagine us as parents, but this photo project makes it seem a little more tangible.

I am meeting my friend for lunch. I hope she enjoys visiting with someone with a fried brain! :) I need to get out of here a.s.a.p. Karl wants me to go to Walmart before Culvers b/c of the heat advisory - it will be like 103 degrees with the heat index. UGH! I better run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of heat indexes, I was dripping with sweat after our evening walk last nite... We took 2 walks, one with Percy, one without.. on the second one, I brought a wash cloth to dab sweat off my face... uh, autumn is right around the corner, yes????

I hope you will have a great visit and get in before heat exhaustion sets in today!

........................

........................

........................

........................