Thursday, August 16, 2007

Maps, maps & more maps!

I just wanted to report that I am having great success with finding maps for the photo project. No, I don't think maps were necessary but I had this idea and really wanted to include it to give the kids some points of reference (at least the oldest child!)

Here's what I found:

  • A color map of the Western Hemisphere - showing the U.S., Central and South America so the kids can see where they are & where they'll be going!!!

  • A nice map of Illinois without unnecessary detail - just the main towns and some rivers

  • A simple map of the U.S. with just major cities

  • Yeah! I am so glad I found what I was looking for!

So it's officially official, I have a date tomorrow at 3pm to work on the photo pages. Tonight we need to organize the giant stack of photos into three piles - which child gets which photos. Other than that, I need to gather anything else I might want to include. (The phrases aren't ready - in Spanish - yet so they'll have to be added later...)

Karl is coming home at 4 pm today, so I have a little while longer to work on things before he gets home.

Just thought you might like to hear something positive is happening with this photo assignment!

No comments:

........................

........................

........................

........................