Well, in case you were wondering, here's how the "Fun" is going:
To begin the "fun", I sat in a glider rocker and leisurely browsed through the latest IKEA catalog with a cold beverage. First of all, I must make a disclaimer that I am very thankful to my friend Mandy for providing me a catalog. However I was a tad disappointed because it was not as good as their other catalogs, had minimal new stuff in my opinion, and I guess my overall expectations were way too high!!! Rating: Sort of Fun.
Next, I thought it might be "fun" to work on an unfinished project that I haven't had any time to get to. We have these canvas bins, 12 of them, that have a spot to put a label for the contents -except you can't see that label from their position on the shelf they are on. So, I bought (quite some time ago) canvas tag holders to attach to the other side of each of the bins. So imagine the scenario: me, an iron, an ironing board, a bunch of bins with canvas fabric attached with Velcro to a wire frame, small canvas frames, iron-on adhesive, scissors, sore fingers and slow progress. I only have 6 bins done and am meeting my friend for dinner in less than 1 1/2 hour - hoping to get the other 6 done because otherwise I might never come back to this project!!! See photo below to see sample of finished product. Rating: Might be fun if it gets done!
Getting a phone call from Karl during his lunch. Rating: Always fun!
Checking email - no news. Rating: Could have been fun if I had gotten any!
Writing this Blog. Rating: Fun as Usual! :)
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
~ Our Previous Journal Entries ~
-
▼
2007
(231)
-
▼
August
(44)
- Good Day
- RUSH
- Keeping Busy
- Armstrong Dossier Update!
- El veintinueve de agosto
- The "Fun" Report
- Having Fun?
- Dossier News!!!
- Waiting To Hear That Our Dossier Arrived!
- Sunday Synopsis
- Dossier In Transit!!!
- Unexpected Development
- Thursday Night But Technically Friday
- Bueno Miércoles
- Quick Report
- A Little Foggy
- Girls' Day Out
- Sunday: Short & Sweet
- Photo Finishing
- Photo-Rama
- Rude Awakening
- P.S.
- Maps, maps & more maps!
- Thoughts On Thursday
- Barnyard Buddies
- M.I.A. Bloggers Return
- Came Home Empty-Handed
- Mission Accomplished
- Nightmare at Sam's Club
- Sticker Shock
- The Heat Is On
- Good News for International Adoptive Parents
- Lists, Lists, Lists
- I love my Mom!
- I'm Back
- A Fine Saturday
- Proverbs 4
- Fun With Momma G
- Thursday Leftovers
- Little Women
- Special Message for Karl
- No Answer Today
- Album Update
- I Can't Believe It Is August!
-
▼
August
(44)
........................
........................

1 comment:
Check your e-mail, I sent you one! BTW, those bins look marvelous with the tags.. there are a lot of bins, folks, so Julie deserves a kudo for hard work and perseverance! You go, girl!
Post a Comment