Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy February 1st - Day 17 Together

It has been an eventful day so far! The kids woke up a little earlier today but before they were all up and about I got a shower and so did Karl. That really helps us to be able to get out of the house before lunch! Bathtime for the kids was interesting today - NO HOT WATER. (They only have a very, very small water heater for all of us.) So, the lady who works here heated up some water on the stove and I had to wash each of the kids down and then dump the water on top of them to rinse them off. We usually do that with Andres in a deep sink they have in the laundry room here but doing that with all three kids was much more time-consuming.

Before lunch, we went to the mall! We visited the cajero automatico (ATM). We also bought a new pair of shoes for each of the kids (thankfully on sale), water, Coke, & finally found a box of microwave popcorn!!! We hope to enjoy our popcorn tonight when we watch our Friday night feature - Little House on the Prairie!

It has been a good day - pretty cool temps. I was so tired at lunch today that I about slumped over into my food so I laid down for a nap when the kids did. My nap was cut short because of noise but that is okay because it gave me time to help Karl select digital photos to create a slideshow for the kids to look through. We are about half way done with putting it together.

Now all our kids plus the other family's two are running around having a good time. I am trying to type while the Dads supervise the whole gang. I keep turning around when I hear a noise saying "is that one of our kids?" over & over. They have been playing pretty well together and enjoy having each other around. We really like having another family here - it certainly makes the days much more interesting & less lonely. Karl is leading the balloon bouncing game right now with Anji, Andres, Marianna & Julianna while Claudia is sitting next to me singing and playing with her muñeca/doll as well as thoroughly examining my arm! Oh oh! Claudia left Mami to join the balloon bouncing game!

4 comments:

NiNi said...

Hi everyone. We were thinking of you today...our temp was 33 degrees. Ha Ha Count down for the Armstrong family to come home...Love NiNi and Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys: Seeing as we are snowed in with cold temps, please don't tell us about your oh so hot weather and need for sunscreen! It's funny to me that my kids made a huge mess with snow boots and wet gloves and you have to worry about daily baths due to hot steamy weather. I was also thinking today about all of your blogs. I just wanted to encourage you that so much of what you are getting used to is a result of simply becoming a family. When we added two, the noise, chaos, laundry etc etc seemed to multiple by 100. We just went into "function" mode. The blessing of watching you and B's being united with your kids is the reminder of what God has done in our family. You are such an encouragement and reality check for me. I have found myself enjoying my kids more and not focusing so much on the small stuff. Thank you for that! God has done so much for so many in such a short amount of time! Can't wait to have you home so you can shovel your driveway! Monica

Sherri said...

I'm so glad you have other people there. It's great fellowship for you and great for the kids to have other entertainment besides just you! Although it sounds like Karl is quite the entertainer. Have a good weekend, I hope you can do some fun things, and maybe get some warm water back! As always, you're in my prayers!

Love,
Sherri

Amy said...

Love to hear about your days with your kiddos. Sounds like you are blending and getting the hang of things. :) The neat thing about you having to be there so long is that you aren't worrying about your housework, job, shoveling snow, etc. and can just focus on being a family.

Looking forward to seeing you at home. (Ken wants to know each night how you are all doing.)

Continuing to pray for the Lord to bond you together forever.

........................

........................

........................

........................