Tonight, Anji has not felt well and has had a fever and Papi is feeling not all that great either. We all seem to have sinus issues! Thankfully, Mami is feeling almost back to normal though!
Anyway, it is almost midnight here and Karl & I are still working on money stuff & other details. Who knows if we will even be able to sleep once we finally lay down!
We are being picked up here at our B&B at 6 am to go to the airport and hope we will be ready in time!!! UGH! We still cannot believe we are going HOME together. Wow! It does not seem real at all! We have almost forgotten what our home looks like - it will be "new" to all of us!
Please pray for the kids and K & I tomorrow as it will be a really long & strenuous day on all of us with little sleep and no good place to nap and lots of hustle & bustle + 2 flights & a LONG layover & some health issues on top of all that . . . you get the picture! Thanks for your faithful prayers for our familia!!!
Today we bought a small Colombian flag to display in our home to celebrate our children's nation of origin. We will miss Colombia mucho! It will be sad to say good-bye. :( We will remember Colombia so fondly in our hearts. The time here has been so very precious and we thank God for it. We thank the Lord for allowing us to bring three incredibly precious Colombian children into our hearts, our family, our home.
11 comments:
Hi everyone. I stayed up late to read the news. This is a miracle. Welcome home LFA!! Have a safe and happy journey. Love NiNi and family :)
Wow! I am just in awe of what the Lord has done for your family. Following your journey has been a huge blessing! We are praying for your travels in the morning (and day) and for your health. Emma knows the kids' names and is looking forward to meeting them, she's been telling everyone that you're coming home. :) We'll see you soon!!
I am so excited for you guys. It will be a long day but a happy one. Congratulations on your homecoming.
It is a very sad thing to leave the country were you all met and forged the beginning of LFA but it will be a precious memory for your entire lives. We'll be praying for all of your concerns on the way home and looking forward to greeting you in Peoria. God Bless this day!
Chuck & Becky
I will be on pins and needles until you get home! I can't help it, that's what moms do (as Julie is soon to find out!)... :-)
Honestly, I will be praying ALL day long for your safety and endurane, LFA! God has been supplying your every need on this journey! Love, Mom
I know that when you get this message you will already be home but just wanted to participate until the very end! Can't wait to greet you and meet your children. What a wonderful journey. While you guys were gone it seemed like a lifetime. Now that you are on your way home, it seemed like it was just a blink of the eye! You are already a family now you get to be HOME! See you at the airport. Monica
Wow! Finally heading home - how exciting! I can hardly wait to hear about how the kids like their new home and all the new friends they will make! I wish so much that we could be there to meet you at the airport. :-( Hopefully we'll get to meet the new family in April!
I am looking forward to seeing your FIVE smiling faces!! I will be praying for this long, tiring day to be filled with little blessings that will remind you of God's great love for LFA.
Love,
Jen
Oh Karl and Julie- You will all have precious memories of these last 36 days. These days have been the beginning of the bond you will share-the 5 of you with the Lord's arms wrapped tightly around your family.
You have glorified the Lord when things at times have been difficult. We wil be praying for your long journey home. The Lord will walk you through this day.
Welcome Home!
Ken,Amy and Family
We wish we could be at the airport to welcome you, but sickness keeps us home...We are so excited for what God has done in bringing you all together. We will be praying for your long journey home.
love,
The Hoffman's
LFA - I "watched" your flight on the internet and celebrated when you reached Atlanta this afternoon. Can't wait until the next leg of your journey is complete. To God be the glory! -Jill
Post a Comment