Thank you for all of your prayers! I, (J) woke up this morning feeling much improved and was able to go with Karl and the kids to the U.S. Embassy! I am so thankful to be feeling better and to not have my whole body ache anymore! I should be feeling pretty good come Thursday, our travel day.
Today we were at the Embassy from 9:30 am to 1 p.m. - UGH (exhausting)! Our paperwork was accepted with no problems!!! Yeah!!! We are supposed to return tomorrow at 3 p.m. to pick up the kids´ visas. Then, all of our in-country adoption paperwork is DONE!
In addition to picking up the visas, tomorrow we will pack and shop some and get some rest before the next day´s LONG journey home (12 hours with our layover.)
The kids are soooo excited - little Claudia keeps saying "¿vamos a estabos umibos?" (In Spanish, the U.S. is called estados unidos.) Anyway, it is really cute! Anytime the kids hear a plane, they yell loudly "avion, hola avion!" and all three of them jump up and down and cheer. It is adorable! By the way, some have asked about our openness to being greeted at the airport and our answer is "YES! We would love to see you when we arrive!" If you want details about our flight schedule, email us.
Moments with Karl: Today at the Embassy I had some special moments that I wanted to share - each of them brought the sensation of tears to my parental eyes (and also do as I type). The first was when we all heard "Anji Joy Daniela Armstrong" over the intercom. This call was for the visa payment. I went up to the window and was never more happy to pay $1,200 - a tiny sum to bring our 3 children home!!! The second was when I was again called up to sign paperwork. Looking through the glass with the intercom phone to my ear I could see our childrens´immigration folder with the title "Armstrong Babies". How wonderful this is!!! Thank you for sharing in our adventure with us. Bonus Moment: It was also great to hear "Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong and children...come to window #4..." announced and for Armstrong be pronounced correctly ;) K
To end this post, I have to say how sweet our kids are! They are really blossoming. Tonight at dinner, we prayed as usual together and each of them wanted to pray AGAIN when we were done - EVEN ANDRES! Okay, to say that this was totally cute is a complete understatement. If this had been captured on video, it would have won the home video grand prize. They each took our hands, closed their eyes very seriously, and gave thanks. Andres "prayed" extra long (multiple times) verbalizing as best as he could "bllbblblbbbb blbblblbllb blblblblbb blblblblblbbbbb bllllbbbbbb" with his little tongue going in and out of his mouth and a very sincere look on his face (with his little eyes closed!) Each child would clap heartily when finished. It was so precious - but even more precious than that is to see our children learning to love to give thanks to Padre Dios and their continued excitement over the Word of God. They bring it up continually. At the Embassy today, Claudia took a little book, pretending it was the Bible, and recited from memory the introduction to our children's Bible, "¿Que es la Biblia?" following along with her finger just like Mami does. We are very blessed indeed!
16 comments:
Thank you sooo much for taking the time to update us today! What a joy. I am soooo glad you are feeling better. We started the foster parenting class at B tonight and Amy P and I had three hours to talk and reflect on how much God has done in our families lives through adoption! It is a joy to watch you and Karl start this journey of being a family. Can't wait to see you and will make every attempt to not overwhelm those precious kids with our joy and affection! Monica
Thank you all for letting us follow along in your journey. It has been a faith-stretching experience for all of us. To say that we are excited for your return home is an understatement. :)
We have seen the Lord's hand through your adoption and know that we will continue to see Him work in and through your family of 5!
Praying you home on Thursday. (we are not yet sure if we can make it to the homecoming-we leave in the wee hours to visit our little son. :) If we are not there in person, we are there in our hearts.
Hi everyone. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Have a safe and happy journey back home. Love NiNi and family
We love you so much! Thanks for the beautiful update. So glad you are feeling better!. I won't be there at the airport :(. I want an "appoinment" next week for sure!!! God is sooooo good! Rejoicing with you all, Paul & Cheryl
We're doing the "happy dance" at our home this morning! So glad to hear all your good news and sweet bring the tears to your eyes stories! We'll be praying for your travel tomorrow and can't wait to see you soon! Craig and Debbie Jo
We are so very excited to see you all and to welcome you to Peoria. God has richly blessed you and us through this adoption. Thank you for letting us be a part of it.
Kris and Gregg
I am rejoicing that you are feeling better and the embassy went so well (it sounds like the USE in Bogotá works just like the one in GC). Praying for your health, smooth flight connections, and the LFA are happy travelers!
Lord willing, SEE YOU TOMORROW! (So fabulous to type!)
I am teary-eyed myself reading this. Praise God that you are well, Julie, for your return trip HOME! We are anxiously awaiting your homecoming and will continue to keep you in our prayers daily.
Love,
Jen
Your post brings such joy to my heart! It is awesome what God can do through us and with us. I am praising Him that your heart is full of thanksgiving. It is such a blessing to hear of the spiritual desires in your children, and their softness toward the Lord. They surely sense it in you. I will continue to pray that it takes root in their hearts as you shepherd them. God is doing such a beautiful work in your family! I am beside myself with excitement over your homecoming- tomorrow! I'll be there!
Love,
Lisa
Oh, Karl, you make me wanna cry!!! How awesome it is...they are yours and you are theirs!!!!!! Congrats! I can't wait to see how God continues to script your story. You have just made history, and what you bring home on that plane besides the children is the experience and a love that only you can explain, but it's that experience and love and passion of all of you combine that is going to be world changing! God is good and he is faithful! It is so awesome to watch your story; hope you continue to blog as you transition. Again, congrats, Mami y Papi! You're awesome!
(PS. Hope you don't have any crawling under the seats of the airplane...our oldest did(Andrew age 5)! You have girls, so I'm sure you won't have that problem! Happy travel! Enjoy yourselves...once you hit American soil, they are officially American citizens! Woohoo, Armstrong Familia!)
So glad you are feeling better, Julie. Karl's special moments brought tears to my eyes. God is so good! Thanks for sharing these weeks with us. Our plan was to pray for and encourage you - how little did we know of how much your journey would encourage and bless us. Can't wait to welcome the entire Armstrong family tomorrow! To God be the glory- great things He has done!!
Thanks for sharing your sweet story with us! We are truly rejoicing with you. Can't wait to meet your precious three sweethearts in person! -Brian & Jill
It takes a lot to make me speechless (crying tears of joy!) ... I am officially there! All I can do is drop to my knees and thank God for all that is happening! I like what Amy said, "Praying you home on Thursday." Love, Mom
:*) I cannot wait to meet your precious little ones in person. What a joy to share in your journey - thank you for your update. Lord willing, I should be at the airport tomorrow to see you all! :)
Love,
Nicole
What a beautiful story of love and faith you have shown, a testimony of God in your lives. I loved reading how the children are already growing towards a life in Christ, what a blessing. Safe travels home!
Congratulations La Familia Armstrong! What a joy to be able to follow you on this incredible journey. You have a beautiful family and God has big plans for each of you. Safe travels home!
Post a Comment