Wednesday, February 13, 2008

LFA Day 29 - "Grab Your Jackets, We're Heading To Bogota!"

Fantastic News!!! Our Lawyer returned with all three birth certificates!!! YEAH!!! So I will take the kids with Carmenca and we will meet our Lawyer at the passport office early tomorrow. Karl will stay back and finish packing up all our stuff and tying up loose ends here at the B&B. Then we will go to the airport & fly to Bogota sometime later in the afternoon.

We are very, very excited for a change of scenery!!! Our new B&B, Zuetana, sounds like an absolute palace compared to where we are at now, and Karl and I are totally elated that we get to stay there. Our adopting friends from Belgium who are here in Cali staying at this B&B with us raved about the place and it looks as fabulous as they say! They have incredible services at a price that is barely more than what we are paying here. They seem to truly have the needs and comfort of adopting families in mind. Anyway, I could go on & on & on . . . I will stop now by saying again that we are really, really happy to be spending our remaining time there!

We were all doing dances at dinner because we found out that we get to go to Bogota together tomorrow! We were in suspense ALL day and into the evening so it was a relief to hear something definitive! It was an all-out celebration! Wooooo Hooooo! The children are quite pumped up about taking off in the avion and that we'll spend a week in Bogota before they get to experience our new home together in Estados Unidos! We hope that the kids really do enjoy the flight and that our travels tomorrow go smoothly as it will be a long & busy day!

Thank you again for all of your thoughtful emails, notes, comments, encouragements & prayers. We are so incredibly GRATEFUL!!! Chao for now!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to get the birth certificates today! Will be praying as you head to Bogota tomorrow! The B&B looks nice - enjoy your time there! Jana

Amy said...

Will definitely be in prayer for your busy day tomorrow. May the Lord just pave the way for you as you complete these final steps.

We continue to be in awe of answered prayer!

Unknown said...

Almost went to bed but thought I would check your blog one more time... soooo glad I did! Yeah! Enjoy your travels. We will be praying for a smooth completion to this process for you. Monica

Jacq & Jason said...

Yea!!! Thanks for the update. We are excited for you. We will be praying for you tomorrow as you check off your final to-dos in Cali and travel on to Bogata.
Jacq

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone, Start the countdown, you're heading home. We are so happy to hear the news. Power in prayers!! I feel the excitement in the air! Love NiNi and family

Laura S said...

Fantastic news! Hope the passport office is smooth this morning and that you make it in time to do the Embassy dr today.

One suggestion for the flight home...get a new toy for each of the kids that hasn't been played with. Hold it until they are played out of the regular toys. It will help you get through those difficult last couple of hours on the flight.

Unknown said...

I like what Laura said!! A new little toy for that final stage of boredom before the family lands! I reminded Karl to take his puppets on the flight, but he does need to bring a surprise toy for ea.! (although he puts on a magnificient puppet show! - I witnessed it firsthand - he is a man of MANY talents!) :-)

I started to get emotional when I read the blog... I couldn't help it!

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow...!!

Love, Mom

Beth said...

I give a sigh of relief. I am so glad that the light is at the end of the tunnel and visible! Make your last week in Colombia a geat one. God Bless, Beth

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip, we are praying for you and your family.

Allen, Pam, Sophie and Byron Durr
<>-<

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

What an unforgettable Valentine's Day, ey??? I'm sure you'll celebrate once you get to Bogota!

The flights outside of Bogota are usually short, so I will pray they snooze after the first 5-10 mins in the air...Flying was the most difficult for us when they were all awake! Diego had to potty, and there was a line (Bogota to Atlanta flight), and Ben was in a panic, finally got there, and Diego whizzed all over Ben by the time they got in! I'm just glad it wasn't me!!!! Hope you guys have a better experience...and go to the "potty" before flight!! :-) also, little candies or gum helps...you can use it as a reward if they sit still and aren't loud...the hard candies or crackers, they seem to work harder for candy, though!!! I am so happy for you guys.

You will like Bogota! Cooler and less bugs! yea!!! Happy "Jesus Loves You!" Day!

Anonymous said...

Karl, sorry it took me so long to send a message. I have been trying to send a message for the last couple of days. I finally called and spoke to Shawn at the OSHA office and he was able to help me out. Congratulation on the GREAT news.

I look forward to talking with you when you get home. By the way when you get home can you help me setup a web page for when Pam and I go over to the Ukraine. This is great way to tell your story and to stay in touch with your family and friends. Thanks for allowing my family and I to be apart of your adventure.

Message from the good book: Ephesians 1:16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.

Allen, Pam, Sophie and Byron Durr

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Hey Julie! Just checked out the link to Zuetana. This place looks like a palace compared to the refugio...please let us know how family friendly it is...we may want to go back and stay here!

Also, something we forgot--don't forget your receipts for taxes...we had to email and get them this year after we returned and realized we forgot. We were so excited to get home...anyways! Look forward to hearing about your stay! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! We are prayign for you!! We can't wait for your return. We will be praying for these final steps to go smoothly!!
Rejocing,
Sandra (& Chris)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What graeat news! It's funny, but I realized that I was personally stressed out not knowing when you would complete everything and start the trip home. Now that the end is in sight, I feel much less stressed! I'm bummed though 'cause Thomas and I are coming to Peoria THIS weekend so looks like we will miss you by one weekend. Will have to wait till April / May to meet the new family. . . .

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to the Armstrong family. Take care of one another. Praying for a safe and exciting journey home...Love NiNi

Anonymous said...

Though the B&B in Cali does not compare to the one in Bogota, I am very thankful for the service and support the Armstrong family got from those ladies/owners! I will always be grateful for how much they helped this little family survive for one month! Julie and Karl, please let them know they are special!!!! (and if they celebrate Valentines Day, give them a special hug for me - hey, even if they don't celebrate Valentines Day - give them ea. a hug from your Mami, please!!! Love, Mom

mjdav said...

What a wonderful Valentine's Day! Praising God with you for moving your adoption along. Praying that your remaining time in Columbia will be filled with joy!

Boyacheks said...

Happy Valentines Day! What great news!!!! Have a great last week in Colombia. We are praying for safe travels!
Jaime

Anonymous said...

Have a happy trip. I'm sure it will be exciting for you all. We will pray that everything goes smoothly for you in Bogota. Adios Cali!

Kris and Gregg

Anonymous said...

YEAH- what fantastic news! I am picturing you right now- all up in the sky :-) I'm celebrating with you, not only for the change of scenery but this final week of details before the big flight home!
Love,
Lisa

Jenny said...

Praise God that He keeps working out all of the details! Enjoy some R & R at new B & B : ). Happy Valentine's day!
Love,
Jen

........................

........................

........................

........................