Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Courts Closed Again - Day 22 Together

The courts are closed again. This is the fourth day that the courts have been closed now and still no one knows when they will reopen. This is bad news for our family and the other adoptive families who are waiting to complete their adoptions in-country as none of us can leave Colombia until our cases are finalized. Karl & I have already been in Colombia for 24 days. It is hard not knowing how much longer we will have to be here. Before the courts shut down, we were only half way done with our process. We are hoping the delay will not be much longer. We appreciate anyone praying for us!

16 comments:

Amy said...

Praying right now for the courts to open!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a few weeks now. It has been quite inspiring as we hope to, in the next year or so, begin our process to adopt from Colombia. Praying for you as you await for the courts to reopen. Praying as the courts reopen things will be expidited quickly for you. Praying that as you wait God will continue to show you His face, mercy and love. And above all else God will continue to be glorified.

dj said...

WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU!!! and the Colombian courts! It's just after 1:00 on Wednesday and Peoria is a "winter wonderland!" The snow has been falling steadily for several hours now and God has painted a masterpiece with the big, beautiful flakes. Schools are dismissing early and Bethany has cancelled all the services tonight. We'll be having a family "prayer meeting" at home and we'll be talking to our Father about your situation. Love, The Hodges

Promises to Keep said...

Hi Armstrongs,
I have been following your blog for the last couple months, as well a few others as we have just begun the adoption process for Colombia. My heart goes out to as I have been reading that the courts are closed. I can only imagine how difficult it can be to be so far from home and in a foreign country. I know how much you and your husband are spiritual people and your hearts desire is to serve our loving God. Remember He loves you as well, you are a stellar daughter of a Heavenly Father. And although this seems like such a trial, like so many other times in our lives when His will prevails over ours, this could also be a gift. A gift of time that you will have with your new family before you return and have the hustle and bustle of trying to get everyone adjusted to a new house, country, schedules and routines. It is an opportunity to build relationships with the other families in an overcrowded B&B that could last a lifetime(an unique experience that only you could have and that will tie your families together). I have been and will continue for those courts to open, I also pray for you that you have peace and comfort through your trial.
In His Name,
Aileen Lane

Anonymous said...

Prayer warriors are on the alert for this petition/situation, hon... "O my Strength, I watch for you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God." Psalm 59:9-10

Lastly, I cling to a scripture that Pastor Jerry (who married these two!) referred to: "Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe." Psalm 61:1-3

Love you Armstrongs!! Mom & Beeker

Anonymous said...

We are praying! We love and miss you guys! You've been missing some classic Illinois weather! Rain, sleet, ice, snow, lightning, thunder, hail.... hmmm... 50 degrees and then a few hours later... 15 degrees. Its really lovely! love, The Robertsons

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for your situation. We'll hold the fort down in here until your return. We'll keep praying for you and the kids to have a wonderful bonding experience! Blessings from snowland!

Beth said...

God is in control...keep the faith, he has things in the workings. I know it's tough, but He will see you thru. Thanks for the daily updates, we read them each morning before the kids get on the bus for school. Blessings, Beth

Anonymous said...

The Ausfahl home is praying!!!!
Charisa

Anonymous said...

Karl & Julie,
We've been following your blog for the past several weeks and have thoroughly been enjoying seeing your beautiful family. Please know that we will lift you up in our prayers re: the courts reopening the the finalizing of your adoption there.
Blessings to you all!

Anonymous said...

What a discouraging situation with the courts closed! Keep trusting in the sovereignty of God - this didn't take Him by surprise. We are praying that the courts would open back up soon and that your case could be finalized quickly. We love you guys and enjoy all the updates on the kids.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know that i prayed for the courts to re-open and for you all to be able to come home soon!!
christina adopted our little andrew from russia 1.5 years ago

mjdav said...

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Let your faith carry you thru. Lots of people are praying!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie and Karl: So sorry to hear about the courts being closed again. I'm praying for a miracle. I know that when you get to the other side of this God will be faithful to teach you something new about Himself. This is truly a Proverbs 3:5-6 time for you. Surrender and rest in Him. It may not change your circumstance but He can bring you peace. Hang in there we love you and are praying, praying, praying. Monica

Anonymous said...

Gary and I are praying for you and your family. I will also ask the Defenders of Orphans group at our church to pray you.

Praying for the courts to open and for you and your family to have peace in your hearts during this challenging time.

Tanya and Gary

Anonymous said...

Praying for those courts to open so you can all 5 come back to the wintery midwest. Praying for you to see the Lord working in the midst of this hard time of waiting. I pray your days with the kids are enjoyable and full of great bonding and training during this time of waiting on the courts.

........................

........................

........................

........................