We were putting the kids to bed and I was singing the kids some songs during our last stretch of our bedtime routine and was interrupted by Reyna (host) knocking. Karl answered and she said "JULIE - PHONE!"
I went to the phone and to my surprise it was Lucia from Bogota telling me that TOMORROW at 2pm we would be signing our FINAL ADOPTION DECREE. "What?!? How?!?" I exclaimed! She said, "Your case is finished and in the morning go get passport photos taken of the kids and then you can go to your appointment, etc., etc."
Of course, I had NO paper or pen and was taken completely by surprise so I tried to write stuff down after the call but am still in shock.
Praise the Lord!
Apparently, in the Lord's timing, our case was more advanced prior to the strike than even our attorney knew. Wow! Anji, Claudia and Andres will OFFICIALLY be Armstrongs tomorrow and we are so thrilled!
Tomorrow will be a whirlwind and so will the next week and a half! More details to come! Good Night, it is late and we need our beauty rest!
Thank you so, so, so much for praying for us!
28 comments:
God is good all the time, God is good! Oh how our faith is strengthened when we see answered prayers! Let the people rejoice!
Oh my! Praising the Lord for immediate answer to prayer!!!! This is such an encouragement to all of us!
Give your little ones a hug from all of us, we are so excited for you all and so in awe of the Lord!
May you all have a peaceful night's rest.
(PS Do you have any Benedryl type cream for those bites? It might help, looks uncomfortable.)
Congratulations!! Thats great news!! I am so happy for all of you. I still have scars around my feet and ankles from the bug bites I got so I can sympathize. I'll send my husband a note now to ask the name of the shop where we got our souvenirs in Bogota.
Good luck today and over the next couple of days as you get all of your documents finalized in Cali and prepare to move on to Bogota!
He is so faithful to answer all our prayers!!! Isn't that amazing? We can't wait!!! Check your bed...I'm tellin' ya, I ended up spraying the sheets with 100% deet. (so you trade a little lung cancer,but as least it doesn't ITCH!!!) LOL!!! LOVE YOU! Cheryl & Paul
God is Good!!! So glad to hear the great news!!
Wow! What a great example of how our God is always working behind the scenes in ways we know nothing about! We are so thrilled to hear the good news and can't wait to hear of your scheduled flight home! It is snowing again this morning and temps are near 0. . .please bring warmth and sunshine home with you! Much love, The Hodges
We are thrilled for you to be able to see an end in sight for this part of the process. God is so faithful. I love how He surprises us with blessings when we are not expecting it. We will continue to pray for all the little details that must take place for you to be Bogota bound. Remember each day that goes by is one day closer to being home. Can't wait to get the email with your flight plans! Happy Adoption Day! Monica
WOW!! Praising the Lord with you right now! He is an amazing God!
We are so excited to hear this wonderful news! Praise God for His goodness!
Yippeeeeeee!!!! The Lord is SO good and His mercies are never ending! We are praising Him for the marvelous way He is working on your behalf!
We thank God for the time you have had in Colombia to become the LFA. :) Every time we read your blog and see your pictures we get these huge grins on our faces. You are a family!
We continue to pray for you each day--that our Lord would fill you with His peace, comfort, and joy.
Please give Anji, Claudia, and Andres hugs from us. We can't wait to welcome you all home!!!
What a thrilling call! Praise God that you were further along than you even knew! Enjoy your special day of becoming official!
Praise the Lord! The yahoo girls were praying you home last night. Glad to hear the good news!!
I am so excited for you all!!! Yes, Lord, Yes, Lord! Thank you!!!! Doing the happy dance! Yeah! Haha! God is good!
AMAZING!
Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, "Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!"
Mark 4:39, 41
Like the disciples I'm in awe of our great God! It's encouraged my faith.
Yeah! So excited for you!
Love,
Sherri
So excited for you all! We're doing cartwheels to celebrate. Praise the Lord!
PRAISE THE LORD! He is so faithful-and His timing is always perfect. We are rejoicing with you! Can't wait to meet the new Armstrongs! Love, The Mosiers
Wow!! Praise God that you will be headed home soon. We are all excited to see you two and your new family. We will keep you in our prayers!!
Dan and Kayla Hoerr
Wow!! I am so happy for L.F.A. It has been so exciting reading your entries every day to witness God's work in your lives.
Love,
Jen
God is so good! Praise Him for your answered prayer. Now to get you all home. We are all anxious to meet all the new Armstrongs!
I am sure you will look back on your time with the kids in Columbia and realize that your undivided attention to them made a huge difference. Even when we are uncomfortable, His way is best!
Hope to see you soon! ~Steve
Praising the Lord with you- what a fun surprise to be blessed with before the day ends! And what a beautiful reminder of the Lord working everything out just right! Hope you were able to sleep, and that it has been a wonderful day as everything is made official for LFA! We are so excited that things are moving along for you- and can't wait to hear when you have your flights home!
Love,
Lisa & Eric
P.S. I couldn't think of which sentence not to end with an exclamation mark... Julie you're rubbing off on me! I will soon start using ALL CAPS!!!! Your enthusiasm always puts a smile on my face :-)
Wonderful news! You have been in our prayers! Congradulations on your officialness :) We will be praying for your time in Bogata as well!
Yeah!!! We're so excited! Can't wait to hug all of you in person!
The Ausfahls
How incredible is our God's love for us and the LFA! Thank you Father! We're counting the days until your return and look forward to meeting your kids. We love you!
Chuck and Becky
Looking forward to an update(no pressure!:) Please let us know you are OK even if you don't have time to fill us in on all the details of your day. I need my LFA Blog fix! Love, Monica
Woo HoO!!!! God is sooo good!!! Congratulations! Hope your legs make it ;) Ice can help stop the itch too if you can find any. Put it on the bites and it helps stop the itch...
We must be spoiled! I think yesterday was the first day without an update. I keep checking in to hear how things are going; this blog thing is addictive. :) Praying you have a good day today LFA! Jana
CONGRATULATIOONS!!! Before you know it all 5 Armstrongs will be back to los Estados Unidos.
Praising the Lord for His goodness! :) So thankful to hear this great news!
Post a Comment