Karl returned to work and I have been on my own with the kids for two days so far and I am thankfully managing okay. Monday, I took the kids to a brief play date at church which they all enjoyed and we went to visit Papi at work too - that was nice! I was really sick on Monday so it was really hard to keep up with the kids and all their needs & wants feeling so horrible. I am so thankful to be feeling normal again! Today was much smoother & calmer than yesterday so I am encouraged that things will continue improve each day. We are still having some issues as the children transition to their new home but these should lessen over time.
Today, I gave the girls showers and made lunch and dinner and even got a few minuscule things done around the house - and for that I am quite grateful! It has looked like something blew up in our house and so we are slowly trying to regain some sort of order. I worked on dishes and general tidying when I had a few moments today as the kids enjoyed working on puzzles galore. Karl vacuumed tonight (with “help” from the girls who each held on to the vacuum handle while Papi pushed it around) while I worked on dinner. It is amazing how the elimination of lots of fuzz from one’s carpet (from the assortment of new stuffed animals and who knows what else) can help enhance the sense of calm & order in a household! Anyway, I am very thankful! Even with all the suitcases remaining in our entryway, as well as a host of coats and shoes that need homes, I am thankful to not have to look at huge chunks of fuzz!
I wish I had time for more but I am quite tired and need to get to bed! More soon!
6 comments:
HI!
Glad to hear your days at home as a family are coming together. Each day will be different than the day before and life will be interesting from here on out, but what a joy to have chaos in the house in the form of three little blessings! jan
Julie,
Just want you to know...THIS IS NORMAL!!! I say that in all caps, because, I totally relate!!! Our first few months was a little chaotic. It wasn't only the kids who had to adjust, but us, too! And energy, where did it all go? I was pooped! BUT, after about the 5-6 month mark, it seems to all settle down, and everyone picks up on their routines...at least that's what I've been told and that's what we experienced...a new normalcy.
Take advantage of putting them to bed early (7:30-8p) and don't feel bad. That is where Ben and I got a lot of housework done...and that's when we had our alone time. And from time to time, even now we send the kids to their rooms to play for a certain amount of time (and not come out until time) while we are cleaning! Of course, with the boys, we have to monitor every 5-10 mins to help prevent an argument (they can be very possessive of toys).
We love your posts! And miss the pics! Oh, yeah, how did the plane rides go? Well, will continue to pray for all of you as you transition...btw, has anyone told you today that "You're awesome!" Smile and happy Wednesday!
Thanks for the update! I love hearing from you and how things are going. (I was checking like 5 times a day yesterday and Monday for a new post!) Hang in there! We are praying for you.
Hi Julie and Karl! Welcome back to the States. By the time you get all settled in, the weather should be warmer and you can enjoy taking the kids to parks and playing outside! That really helps keep the clutter down inside, too! I enjoyed following your trip via your blog. It brought great hope that our adoption too will some day come to fruition! (And then the chaos will increase in our home as well!)
God Bless Your Beautiful Family!
Jaime Stanley
Thanks for the update! I never knew that vacuuming could be an answer to prayer! You guys are great! I loved watching you with the kids on Sunday, Julie...you have an amazing amount of energy that is such a blessing to your family.
Sometimes, I look forward to being in the time of life when I could spend the day at your house, unpacking and helping out, while you played with the kids...but I know that for now, our friendship would be greatly injured if I added four other kids to your house for even 5 minutes! Know that I am praying for you and desire to bless you with encouraging words, as I can't help with physical needs!
Praying for good health for you all, too!
Julie,
So glad to hear your Home Alone days are going well. Still praying for you all!
Jill
Post a Comment