
Oh! I forgot to mention that we received a call from Lucia in Bogota to check on us. I was so excited to hear from her - it was almost like President Bush calling me! Anyway, she told us a few things: to plan to stay pretty close to home the next few days due to the FARC group becoming agitated because of a mass-protest in Colombia/worldwide against their violence. Don't worry, we'll be just fine and are always extra careful anyway!
The better news from Lucia's call was that she expected the family defense advocate (or something like that) to sign off on our case hopefully today and then hoped that perhaps by the end of next week or early the following week that the judge in Cali would sign off on our final adoption decree! (I hope I got all that right! I had to ask her to repeat so I could clarify and get my facts straight to tell Karl.) So, it was excellent to hear the approximate status of our case and to have an idea how much longer we will be in Cali. So I asked "what next?" and she said our lawyer would call when it was time for us to go to the court together for the final decree. Then, we need new birth certificates from the kids' hometown that is not very nearby. Then, we will be ready to fly back to Bogota. Everything depends upon days/hours that the places we need to get stuff from are open. So, we'll see how all that timing works out. We are encouraged to have a glimpse though!
The craft bazarr was okay. Not much that really interested us. A lot of it was stuff we had seen at other stores elsewhere. (Laura, yes please give me the name of the market in Bogota for souvenirs! Thanks!) We brought home two little things.
PS - We sure appreciate the responses from our dedicated readers!!! That was a nice encouragement to us. Keep it up, please! Also, I posted more pics to our picassa site!!! Enjoy!
14 comments:
Hello: I so look forward to your updates. The bathroom situation sounds terrible and based on my experience is not the last time it will happen! It's amazing to me how many things kids can touch in a public bathroom! I love the peacock picture and might have to ask for a copy. Beautiful! I'm glad you had a good day, especially the updates on your status. We keep praying for you each day. Keep us updated. Monica
We continue to enjoy your blog each day. It is great to be able to keep up with all you're doing. We also love the pictures - we feel like we are getting to know the kids! It was good to hear about the status of your case. We are praying daily for all of you and can't wait to see you all home!
Julie & Gary
Loved the zoo pictures! You look like pros. :)
It must be good to hear an update on your case-just praying about that today! We will pray that things go smoothly to be home ASAP.
Public bathrooms are always a challenge-yuck.
Hey guys, thanks for keeping us updated. I love to read about what is going on with you all! I think I missed something though. How do I get to your picassa site to look at more pics? Glad to hear you have an update on you staus. You are in our prayers!
Jaime
The bathroom story certainly brought back memories. Made me thankful I have boys :). Sometimes I had to just pretend it was "OK" and remind myself we will more than likely be OK after a less than ideal bathroom experience. I personally have seriously scarred my son, we come out from me going to the bathroom and he is all excited, "Mama, I didn't touch anythig!" I'm producing another germaphobe!
I bet it was so good to hear from Lucia. I love her! She's a force, never doubt that. If you remember tell her the Cousineau's say hi!
I'm so glad to hear how well things are going. Time certainly makes things better. We'll keep praying for you! It'd be great to hear something soon. I can't believe you're already on day 16, although it's probably been slower for you. But I see the effect of all the prayers, you all seem to be doing so much better, God is good!
Love,
Sherri
PS - I'll try to e-mail about things to do in Bogota, I second going to the market, and Bogota on Sundays is great.
I love reading your blog! Isn't it amazing how far ahead you have to plan to get a jump start to your day?? You are in my prayers-
Love you guys!
Christy Fuller
Dear Karl & Julie,
I have been in IN with my sick Grandpa so I hadn't read your blog until today (5 days). It is so neat to see how God is answering so many prayers....It sounds like you are starting to get into your 'family groove' with each other. Love you,
Lisa H
Hello, Armstrongs!
What great pictures from the zoo! Shirley had such a great time looking at them with me! She just LOVES the peacock and flamingos! Thanks for sharing those!
It's always nice to hear from Lucia and know that you at least have "the end" (Bogota!) in sight!
We continue to pray for you. Your kids are just so beautiful!
love,
janine
p.s. Maybe you can find a small hand sanitizer at a store? I carry one with me at all times! It's difficult to keep toddlers' hands germ-free! :)
Can't wait for your homecoming!! Praise God you all are completing the steps needed to get home!
Just ask Daniel about kids and sanitation. :)
Miss you guys, too! Praying for you, as always!
So good to hear your update! We'll continue to pray that things move along quickly!
Our girls were up earlier than usual today to check the school closings! Seems strange to me wake up early just to find out that you have the day free and can go back to bed again. Actually they're so excited now to have a "snow day" that we're headed out to the snow at 6:30am. They think we need their help to clean the neighbor's driveway! :) Central IL was blanketed in snow overnight and it's snowing now. All the schools in the area are closed so we're looking at a fun day of reading books by the fireplace and making cookies. You'll be doing this soon with your kids!!! Thanks for the posts and new pictures!
Love, The Hodges
Hey Julie: Just wanted to say Hi and let you know we have 7 inches of snow here! Are you sure you are in a hurry to get home? I think the temp is in the 20s. I was just thinking about how crazy it will be for your kids the first time they see a ton of snow! Counting the days until we welcome you home. Monica
Loved the Peacock picture - he's amazing! It's so neat to see how the Lord is working on all 5 of you to knit you into a family! I'm just imagining Mami Julie up before the rest of the family lovingly getting the day off to a great start! What a cool mental image! I'm looking forward to seeing what else He does in your future! Teresa
Julie, this is Bobbie Jo. I am addicted to your blog. I can't express how excited I am for you. We have some really good friends who are from Cali and visit often. Troy and I were just talking last night how we do not know how to put into words the connection we feel just because we have learned so much about the Colombian culture and government through Adriana & Leo (our friends). I kinda feel like we are there with you guys. I was wanting to see more photos and I noticed on this entry you said you posted pictures on your Picasso account. How can I access those? I am itching to see more. We are praying for you. Much Love,
Bobbie Jo Steidinger
Post a Comment