We had a really late night - again. Karl, my Mom, and I were all up until 1:30 a.m. packing the kids' clothes and other items. We are encouraged by the progress! We have been working really hard but still have a lot to do. We really need to finish up all packing tonight and most of everything else so that tomorrow (our last day) isn't a complete nightmare. My Mom has to go home tomorrow and Karl and I still have some errands to do Saturday morning as well as last minute tasks.
Today my Mom and I will be working on finalizing what I will be bringing to wear, setting out things for Karl to wear as well as everything else that has to be packed. We are supposed to set all items aside and then Karl will pack in suitcases tonight when he gets home. We also have to deal with relocating cleaning supplies in bathroom and kitchen, Beaker care training and cage cleaning session, bank stuff, etc, etc, etc.
I am not feeling very good because of sinus issues and a general overwhelmed feeling so I would really appreciate prayer for that as well as for our remaining hours to finalize things over here. We are very excited but this really doesn't seem "real" and so that feels extra strange. Karl and I are anxious to meet our little children that God is entrusting to us - what a privilege, what an incredible honor!
15 comments:
Julie,
I will be thinking of you all day today, and praying for you. You know, it didn't really "hit" me until we landed in Bogota? I don't even remember our plane flights down there . . . at all! Those few days before we left and first few days down there were so surreal . . . but then you have your kids and you will be amazed at how things fall into place!
We are SO excited for you and will be anxiously checking your blog every minute!
love,
janine
Want you to know that we are praying daily for you and will continue to do so.
2 quotes from a devotional:)
God isn't going to send you where He is absent.
God hasn't asked you to walk this path alone. Not only will He remain with you each step of the way, He has prepared many warriors to go into battle with you. You'll be amazed at who He used to meet your needs.
Praying you along,
Amy
Wow! I like what Amy had to say...ditto that!
May the peace of God rest on your shoulders as you are united with the children HE HAS PLACED in YOUR care...how absolutely amazing, and what an awesome testimony of His love and how you have let the word of God intersect your life by being obedient and taking care of these precious little ones...
For us, there were moments of joy and fear all mixed within...and sometimes, it felt as if we were just babysitting, and it wasn't real...until we walked into our home, and tucked them in at night...they were ours...wow... I pray for many precious "Wow" moments for you guys...may you be blessed over and over again, and all things run smoothly...may your sinuses clear and both you and Karl be of good health on the way, and while there and back...
We will be praying for you guys while in Cali! Keep us updated! We plan to go to Cali this year (summer!)...we look forward to a sneak preview thru your eyes and stories!!! God bless!!!
Woohoo, Mami & Papi!!!! God speed!
Julie,
I'll be praying for you, for your health and last minute details. I'm sure you will have everything done that really needs to be. Enjoy this wonderful time with your children!! Can't wait to meet them. I'll be checking your blog for updates while you are gone. :)
Be sure to get some meds...benedryl, sudafed, immodium to take with you. If you think its a sinus infection go to a doc in a box tomorrow and get some antibiotics. Its no fun having to go see a dr right when you get down there. If you need antibiotics when you get down there let me know I'll tell you what we used. In Medellin we could buy them over the counter with no Rx but in Bogota we had to have a perscription. I would still recommend a dr before you go though. And be sure to get a z-pack or some other fast acting antibiotic. Having an extra couple of days of antibiotics in you before you meet the kids would be a good thing if it is really an infection. You won't be any good to the kids if you are laid up in bed the first few days you have them. Take care of yourself.
I was in the same boat a couple of days before we left. Best thing I could have done was go the dr. Got a z-pack and some cough suppression meds that were for just in case the cough got worse. I told them where I was going and what I was doing. They didn't want me to be down there without the proper meds.
Best of luck with all the last minute prep. Can't wait to hear about next week!!
We're praying for you guys and for your health....
Oh, Julie, I share your joy, excitement, and anticipation! I know it goes without saying, but I will be praying for you daily while you are all in Colombia... I meant to remind you of that when I stopped by on Thursday, and give you some words of encouragement, but I was too choked up to think (hence the big hug)!
Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." (NKJV) Yes, even in these chaotic days of preparation. Remember, the One who called you to this purpose is in control of all those details that seek to overwhelm. Go in peace, my dear friend! Psalm 118:6 "The LORD is on my side; I will not fear."
Love you,
Lisa
Julie
Buena suerte!!! y ya veras como todo va salir muy bien. Dios los acompaña en esta aventura de amor.
I'm so excited for you guys as you are preparing to meet your little ones! Right before leaving is ALWAYS the most insane time - then you get on the plane - breathe a deep sigh of relief - and look forward to meeting & holding your kids. I can't wait to hear about when you guys meet them! It's the BEST moment and an amazing feeling!!
Jennifer
Julie & Karl,
The day is drawing near and oh how I remember the extreme anticipation in the excitement of all the hustle & bustle! Take deep breaths and enjoy the moments that are ahead! God's prepared you both so well for this experience and He will carry you through in awesome ways! We'll be checking your blog daily! My only advice is to bring an abundance of medicine for the kids -- anything you might think you'll need! Our kids got sick from the air conditioner being on so we had a great need for over-the-counter children's cough and bronchial medicine while there.
Much love and safe travels! ENJOY!!
Genece
Sending prayers with you as one of the happiest days of your life is ahead. Looking forward to seeing your family together!
Hi! I just found your blog through CCHI's blog. We are also with CHI, but in the Vietnam program! The kids are adorable. I look forward to following your journey. Oh yeah, we are also in Illinois, the far northwest suburbs of Chicagoland. Where are you?
Karl and Julie,
As you leave tomorrow know that our prayers are going along with you and that the Lord will never leave you.
We are so excited for you. May this be a precious time in the life of your family.
Ken and Amy
I am very proud of you two; no words can explain how much, nor how great this blessing is.. Thank you, Lord!
Praying for you all!
Post a Comment