
Since I wrote yesterday at naptime, things have gone fairly well for all of us. After naps, we all went and splashed around in the kiddie pool. It was fun - even Andres got in! I submersed myself and swam around chasing after the kids and they loved it! Anji yelled "gusano!" every time I came after her. It was hilarious. I guess that’s the equivalent to “shark”?!? Gusano = worm! For our family activity and wind-down time after dinner, we all watched Little House on the Prairie and the kids loved it. They were glued to it, even with it in English! Bedtime went fairly smoothly last night too so we are quite thankful for that.
Today after baths and breakfast, we all loaded up and went to the Exito store to get some needed goods. That went well and it was nice to get out of the house. We needed a snack really bad. We are served postre/dessert with lunch and dinner but it is never really what we would consider all that tasty; usually it is a weird tasting fruit or maybe pudding. Well, we put COOKIES on our list and finally found some! We couldn't find chocolate chip but we did find Oreos! YUM! We will enjoy those for sure! Also, I bought a new medicine for my AWFUL, itchy bug bites that wake me up in the middle of the night and torture me during the day. Hopefully it will be super-effective and healing!
Anji, Claudia and Andres are totally adorable! They are funny and creative and really good at playing and having fun with even the simplest of toys. They amaze us with their skill at drinking out of glasses without spilling - even Andres!!! The girls like to say that Mami's name is Julie and Papi's name is Karl (really cute!)
We don't have any real big plans for the rest of the day - just kind of hanging out. It is hard to believe it is Saturday - for us each day runs together and it is hard to keep track of what time it is, let alone what day it is! Papi went to wake the kids up from their nap and told me he can't believe how HARD it is to wake these kids up from a nap - it is like the total opposite of pre-naptime! They wrestle us to get into bed and then wrestle us when we try to get them out of bed! Including pushing our hands away and re-covering themselves! It is very funny!
Oh! We are getting a rainstorm INSIDE! The two patios inside the house do not have roofs so we get to experience the rain right inside! We just move stuff out of the way so we can stay dry! So far it hasn’t rained except for at night and a few drops during the day but not a rain shower like this! What an experience! Yes, Papi caught it on video!
Tomorrow we are going to go to church so we are excited about that and Monday we are going to go get haircuts for the girls!
10 comments:
I keep refreshing your blog hoping for an update on your day- and my persistance just paid off! I am so thankful to hear of the good day you had. Also that you have a church to attend tomorrow, how refreshing for your spirit! A wonderful memory I have of being in Guatemala is when we attended a local church service; it was in Spanish so I couldn't always follow what was said (hablo un poco espanol!). It was an awesome visual of the body of Christ and how He "purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation" as described in Revelation 5.
I hope you have a good night of sleep, followed by a blessed Lord's day!
Love,
Lisa
What cuties you have there! Love the photo from today's post!
I am a big Little House on the Prairie fan - how fun to watch it with the kids. :)
Have a blessed time in church tomorrow. Hoping you all get a restful night tonight.
Sending our love,
Nicole
May you have a wonderful time of worship tomorrow.
Praying for restful sleep for you all.
May you know the Lord's presence among your family.
Amy
I'm glad you guys had a better day!!
We are happy that your day went well. Your children are beautiful!! We are just now working on our home study for a Colombian adoption as well, so we read your updates every night.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Tanya and Gary
Glad you had such a good day! It is so neat to see all of the smiles in your picture today - they look so cute! Still praying for you.
That's just fantastic that you all had a good day all around. I love watching Little House on the Prairie.
You sound a lot more relaxed!
Your kids seem very, very happy to be there and to have you as parents.
May you enjoy every day the Lord gives you with them and the opportunity you have to love each other as a family.
Ya'll are in our prayers every day! I don't have home access to internet so I catch up with your story in spurts but we are praying for you. Your children are so beautiful. I does take so much time to get to know you're little ones adopted or biological so hang in there. We are surrounding all 5 of you in prayers as well as your relationships! Thank you for sharing your adventure!
Jacquelyn (CHI waiting family)
Julie,
From one fellow bug magnet to another...
Not sure if you can get it, but "Garlique" or something similar (garlic pills) can keep bugs away... at least American bugs :-). I'm guessing that might be hard to find down there... but you might give it a try! We love you guys & miss you! Love
The Robertsons
Post a Comment