Thursday, January 3, 2008

Power Shopping

Yesterday from 9:30 am - 9:00 pm a friend and I hit the stores to shop for clothes, etc. for the kids and we were very successful and I came home with a ton of bargains! I have a lot more to shop for and thankfully my peppy shopping pal is joining me again today - Yeah! So, this is all I have time to write because I need to get organized and head out of here soon!

When I am able, I will tell you of all the wonderful items we were able to find. For now, how about a sneak peak? Okay, I spotted the Jeep deluxe double stroller in premium, looks-new condition, that just needs cleaned up a little - marked $19.99. I was delighted! But it only cost $14 after a friend's senior citizen discount!!! Woo Hoo!!! We saw the same stroller at the store priced for $149.99! Now that's a bargain. It is exciting to see things like this come together!

Tonight, Karl and I will be meeting with a pediatrician for a consultation appointment so hopefully we will be thrilled with the doctor and with the other staff!

8 comments:

Laura S said...

I don't think I could possibly shop that long! And I used to work retail!! That is some serious shopping, but it sounds like you scored some major bargains. Be sure to look for consignment stores and sales too. They can help the budget substantially. I am addicted to the consignment store by our house. It rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I agree. I couldn't handle that much shopping! But with a friend helping out I bet it's so much more enjoyable. Hope you have another great day of it today and that the Dr visit goes well!

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Woohoo! Single digits, Sister! Less than 10 days away!!! You guys must be absolutely pumped!!!

I can't wait to watch the story unfold! I hope you post while in Colombia...we will continue to pray for ya'll...

Greetings from Mississippi!
Wendi & the gang!

Jacq & Jason said...

How exciting! We are praying for you as you prepare for you travel! Make sure to keep up the posts... us waiting families are living vicariously through you!
Jacquelyn

janine said...

I had to laugh when I read this post . . . I had many "power shopping days," too! But it's such a great time of year to travel with the after-Christmas sales! We got all of our kids' winter clothing for CHEAP, toys, and also a lot of luggage!

Thinking of you "mucho" these days!

love, janine

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Less than a week now!!! Woohoo! Just checking in for new updates! We will be praying as you all travel!

Megan said...

So excited for your family! God Bless you all and cannot wait to see pictures of your forever family all together!

Whitney said...

I was just giddy in church yesterday, with you all counting on one hand the days until you leave, meeting Ester, and waiting our travel date any minute! We are praying for you all often! Love you all!

Lord,
Please give Karl and Julie travel mercies, allow them to make all of the connections, and have grace with customs employees. Prepare the hearts of Anji, Claudia, and Andres for meeting their parents and give them sweet time together in Columbia! You are giver of every good and perfect gift!

........................

........................

........................

........................