
My brain is totally fried from working on the renewal process for Karl's passport today. His passport is good for 6 more months but we just found out that Colombia will not let anyone enter the country unless their passport is fresher than that (FYI - many other countries have that same policy too.) I wish we had known this a few months ago so I did not have to be rushing around like this. Anyway, it is 4 pm and I am finally finished.
I'll spare you the details of what I've been through with this today but obviously we need to send it off right away so we can get his passport (you have to surrender the old one & send it in with the application) in case we travel in November. We will be mailing it off tonight (in the required padded envelope - no, I am not kidding - it was in the instructions.)
The funny thing is that we were sure we were done with paperwork - not so - there's some more paperwork that requires our attention.
This weekend we must set some time aside to read through our Colombia travel guide so we don't miss anything else important!!! Aaaahhhh! :)
1 comment:
Hi, Julie,
I just had to renew my passport because it expires in Jan. '08 and we are going to Mexico in Feb. I was worried because, for a while, passports were taking months and months. I must tell you, though, that I sent mine off 9/6 and received it earlier this week. So at least it's not taking TOO long!
love, janine
Post a Comment