Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hoy es jueves.

Good Morning :) I could not sleep so I am up trying to wear off a little extra energy.

We had Spanish class until 8 p.m. which went very well. We did well on our quiz again and followed along with the lesson fine. This week our Professora introduced regular -ar verbs. We have plenty of homework to do this week in preparation for our next class.

After that, we went to Karl's work to spiff up his office again. The plants look fabulous and really give life to his cubicle. This has been time well-spent! I made a list of other ideas for our spiffing session next week after Spanish which will involve some cleaning, organization and some other little touches that will make a big difference. His cubicle has a lot of potential but he has no time. I have been discouraged with the condition of his space, and I am so happy to be able to contribute towards boosting its ease of use and aesthetics since he has to spend so much time there! It is funny - I had so many ideas rushing around in my head & I guess that's one of the reasons I could not fall asleep... Now that I am up, I probably won't think of anything! :)

The bad news is that we do not have an update on anything as far as our adoption goes - like if our Dossier is done being translated or where it is at or if it has been delivered to the ICBF yet. The good news is that our Director for the Children's Hope Int'l Colombia program goes to Colombia today and our other CHI contact will be joining her in a week. That means by the time they return, they should know our status and will also have a very good idea of how the sibling adoptions are going and a clearer picture of what kind of timeline we might expect. That's a blessing! On a scale of 1 to 10 for how glad we are that we picked Children's Hope as our agency and especially that we picked Colombia as the country we will adopt from: we are a 1000!

Okay so the plan for later today is to get our 1st of 3 shots for our Hepatitis A & Hepatitis B immunizations! That's at 1 p.m. today. We both hope it won't hurt too much! We can get a couple other shots while we are there too - we haven't discussed those options as of yet, I guess we will as we are driving there!? I guess we'll have lunch together afterwards to celebrate :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! We got your letter and we are so excited! I told Mary Grabow. You know she will be praying. I'm sending her a copy of your letter via e-mal. I hope that is ok. She may be able to find a few extra dollars. Our budget is pretty tight right now but we will try to get something to you soon.

Love,
Conni Devore

Whitney said...

Happy Shot Day!! Praying for you all!

La Familia Armstrong said...

Conni,

Thank you for your note!!! I am very encouraged!

Yes, you can most certainly pass the letter on to Mary and anyone else you would like to! Feel free to email me any time!!!

Love,
Julie

........................

........................

........................

........................