Well, we made it through the night with Hepatitis A & B and Typhoid Fever live vaccines running through our bodies! We have notes all over the kitchen because the Typhoid vaccine is taken orally every other day - on an empty stomach, with room-temp water only & must be refrigerated at all times, unless its the pill you're ingesting.
So, we are not going to eat/drink after 8pm so that we can be ready to take the pill at 10pm - Sat, Mon & Wed nights. Our next appointment is one month from yesterday.
I was nervous about the shot so Karl went first. (Thanks, Honey!) It looked pretty easy (as I stood out in the hallway) until I had to sit in the chair - the anticipation was the worst. She reached for the cotton ball...my heart rate went up...then I notice Karl is giving himself a massage...first his arm and then his shoulders...and then he reports to me that one of his arms went cold...yikes! My shot was very quick and hasn't hurt that bad - no massaging necessary :)
The other disappointing report is that we thought we found a used minivan - and long story short, it was a scam. We spent a bunch of time looking it up and the details from the guy who emailed us but it wasn't "adding up." We looked up the VIN # and it didn't match the year of the van, etc. We are pretty disgusted with a person fabricating ads and lying on emails hoping to prey on vulnerable people. I know, I know - I shouldn't be surprised (but I was.)Last night, we (mostly Karl - I was just there for moral support and read some info out of a home improvement book to him) made some more progress in the bathroom. He removed the toilet - which went quite well thankfully! It is going to be replaced and we needed it out of the way for now. We'll be working on that big-time on Saturday so we'll post some pics then!



2 comments:
Re: Vaccinations!!! These 3 little kids are soon to meet up with the hardiest, bravest individuals around! I'm proud of you, concerned about the live viruses, but doggone proud!
"hoy es viernes" must mean today is Friday.. I cannot honestly say that I remember the days of the week from my High School Spanish Class (a few years ago)... I want my money back! :-))
Guess I better get out my Spanish/English book & study further!
Post a Comment