Track & Confirm - Search Results:Delivered, Oct 01, 2007, 10:59 am, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19101-------------------------------------Arrival at Unit, Oct 01, 2007, 8:47 am, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19104
I don't think I mentioned that Karl filled out the form online and then we were able to print out the form and based on the info entered, it creates a special barcode so the processing site doesn't have to re-do the data entry; they just scan it and the info pops up - pretty neat! It says it speeds up the renewal process so that's what we want.
Friday night Karl and I read through most of our Colombia travel guide so that's a big relief. We have more reading to do but there weren't any more "surprises" in there so that is good. The only other tricky bit of information we learned is about the baggage allowance issue. One would think that with an international flight, you get to bring more & heavier luggage. But, in the case that we adopt from a city outside of Bogota, then we would have an international flight and also a round-trip flight within Colombia. In-country flights only allow one checked suitcase per person! So, figuring out how to pack for five (for a month) with two measly 50 lb suitcases will require some major creativity.
1 comment:
See if you can get some input from anyone who recently traveled to Colombia! This sounds stressful! Can I mail you stuff if you need it?
Post a Comment