It's funny, just when we think we have this whole adoption process figured out to a "T," we are reminded that it is not totally predictable & that there is often an exception to the rule! Surprise!!!
Today I picked up everything we needed for the Addendum from the psychological evaluation. It all was perfect and we are able to send even more detailed info than the Colombians requested! We are waiting for an overnight UPS package from our Agency which will contain our Home Study Addendum.
Today I picked up everything we needed for the Addendum from the psychological evaluation. It all was perfect and we are able to send even more detailed info than the Colombians requested! We are waiting for an overnight UPS package from our Agency which will contain our Home Study Addendum.
Good thing I called...I asked if we could just overnight mail the docs to Springfield along with a prepaid envelope to have them overnighted to Oregon to save ourselves a drive & valuable time (thought we were going above the call of duty here)? I was informed with a hearty "NO," that this is "RUSH" status & she needs the info right away. I asked lots of clarifying questions so I would understand. The gist was: Not a day later - we needed to go and get the apostilles done and overnight them - no time to lose. I was really surprised.
So tomorrow, we must drive to Springfield to get these items apostilled at the Secretary of State and mail the documents right away to Oregon so that they can be sent to Colombia immediately. Our Agency contact said the Program Director wants this info immediately & that it wasn't explicitly stated but she got the impression that Colombia may very well have our children already picked out!!! W-O-W!!! This is NOT the expected order that we thought this would happen!
I don't know all the implications of this but it could possibly mean that we may still travel in November - which we thought was totally out of the question!!!
We could really use prayer as we are now scrambling to get things ready, Karl has to make arrangements at work so he can take off to go to Springfield, we are in shock, and we have to kick everything up into high gear again!!!
9 comments:
Never, never mail anything to Springfield!!! Great advice from your case worker. Praying for you all as you press on toward those kids!
What exciting news. We will be praying for you both to be able to get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. It seems you will have the pitter patter of little feet on your floors very soon. God Bless, Beth (CHI Family Member)
wow!!! Praying for you all! So excited for you!. HIS way is ALWAYS the best way....Paul & Cheryl
Wow Julie! So exciting! Praying for you :-)
Pitter patter of little feet (Beth).. now, that brought tears to Grandma's eyes! I am sooo excited about all this!! I'm trusting in the Lord for providing ways to get this little family together! Soon, please, Lord!
OH MY GOODNESS! How exciting. We are also working on traveling this year, how cool if we could meet! I'll keep you all in prayer.
Take care,
Sherri
I think it's always that way - just when you think you have it all figured out - you don't! Hoping along with you for a quick assignment and travel.
Karen
What amazing news! I've lost touch in the past couple of days and have been caught in the whirlwind of trying to pull everything together we learned of our referral of 3 children! How exciting to hear that you may be joining us in Colombia in this mad dash to the finish line this year! WOW! That'd be really fun! Sending many prayers headed your way!
Genece
That is AWESOME news! We'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment