Last night was a little hairy because Karl didn't get home from his meeting until 5 p.m. & we still needed to eat dinner and study - and our class starts promptly at 6 p.m. so you get the picture, right? We were stuffing our Schlotsky's meal into our faces while trying to go over a huge stack of flashcards (that I made yesterday) - Wow! We were pretty successful with the minute amount of time we had :) Then we hopped into the station wagon and peeled out of the parking lot to drive to our class. We only have one more class unless we sign up for the next one. I wrote our Professora about our uncertainty regarding when we'll be traveling so we'll see if she responds favorably to working with us so we can make up any missed class material. Otherwise, I am leery about registering for the class because we would be out the money and our time - two things adoptive parents do not have in abundance!
After class, we headed over to Karl's office to do some more "spiffing up." It went pretty well. We got rid of unnecessary papers and Karl got a couple of drawers cleaned out. I sorted through a stack of papers too & made stacks for him to file. We made some more organizational plans and I have a few more projects to work on for him here at home. We were there for quite a while - much longer than planned - but were happy with our progress! It is incredible how much time you can spend on such a tiny space and still have more to do! He's been there for almost 5 years so that's a lot of time to accumulate paper, paper & more paper and when you are busy all of the time - who has time to organize!?! I love helping Karl and am thankful he is enjoying the changes. I feel blessed as I am helping to bless him!
I thought I would share this with you because I was excited to see these go on sale & thought someone else out there might be too: fire extinguishers are on a really great sale at Menards! $5.99 after rebate! We are required to have one in the kitchen at least and they will be checking for this and our smoke/carbon monoxide detectors on our adoption post-placement visits. That is about $5 less than at a certain popular super-store :)
1 comment:
I'm glad you bought a fire extinquisher! You never know if your dinner will overcook! :-)
Seriously, we have one in the kitchen too!
Post a Comment