The message said that Colombia has been reviewing our Dossier & contacted our Agency. It turns out that Colombia wants MORE information added to our Home Study that includes:
- Details about our current daily schedule(s) and the changes there will be to them when the children arrive
- Details about our preparation to adopt through contact with other adoptive families
- Personality characteristics (unclear about this as of yet)
- They also suggested that we start to learn Spanish to be able to communicate effectively with the children - CHECK!!! :)
So I will hear more details from our Agency tomorrow. We are supposed to get working on these updates right away. The updated Home Study will need to be notarized, apostilled at the Secretary of State, sent down to Colombia to be translated and then presented to ICBF again.
I asked what this means regarding our timing:
- Since Colombia has contacted our Agency, we now know that we are in the review process but don't know specifics other than that at this point.
- Contingent upon these updates our Agency will submit, they will proceed with review and then grant approval.
- After approval, our Dossier will be sent from National Office to a Regional Office somewhere in Colombia (sort of like being sent from Washington DC to a state.)
- Then after review of information by the Regional Office, the referral/assignment/matching of children to adoptive parents takes place.
- Then we will be notified of the Referral/Assignment/Matching
- Then we would travel soon thereafter...
So that is the big news over here. We will see how this all pans out. We would sure appreciate your prayers!
Karl will be coming home early to work on getting things ready for the projects tomorrow night and then we have our 1st class for our Spanish 2 tonight!
5 comments:
Don't you love additional paperwork?! We've had our share, all part of God's plan to match you with your children! I'll say a prayer it goes well. I can imagine the anticipation as you saw the missed call. My husband was looking at the number once as they were calling, saying what's "212," as I lunged at him yelling, "ANSWER IT, that's New York City, the adoption agency!" Again, I hope it goes well!
Sherri (from CHI Yahoo group)
Karl and Julie,
Sorry to hear of the extra work, but God works it all out. We don't live very close, but if you need contact with adoptive families, you could come visit, or perhaps a detailed phone call on several topics would suffice! Let us know if we can help. Since we adopted 3, maybe we could be helpful.
Judy Herrera
Just look as it as progress! At least they are now reviewing your application (and you already have one thing checked off the list!)
Congratulations on the progress so far...and hopefully a speedy journey to your family. Don't know if you consider blogging contact with other adopted families...but ours is andreslaura.wordpress.com. I know they sure have been a huge help to me.
Hi! Just saw this post this morning which seems to link to some good resources on adoption and the gospel-
adopting across ethnicities
Also, I'd be happy to practice Espanol with you for a few minutes here and there by phone- just let me know if that sounds like something you would like to do. :)
As I look at this list, being no expert :), it seems that you have addressed these issues well in your preparation-it's just a matter of relaying that on paper!
Praying things continue on!
Oh... and if you have time- I tagged you. :)
Post a Comment