Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Encouraging Day

For a Monday-like day (we had yesterday "off" so today seems like Monday) it has been a pretty good day. I woke up out of sorts and not really excited about the day. I had Bible Study but didn't really feel like leaving the house...had to get ready in a rush but still made it there barely late...the Bible Study was excellent as usual and the lesson really spoke to my heart so I was really glad I dragged myself there! I met Karl for a picnic lunch and ran some errands. Now I am home before I go back out to Sam's and meet Karl for dinner at Culvers and shopping at Home Depot for project supplies.

We are incredibly thankful because people from our Adult Bible Community (Sunday School Class) & Church will be coming over the next 3 Thursdays to assist with wrapping up projects to relieve some of the burden as our time remaining before travel to Colombia dwindles. We really need to get these things knocked out so we can be ready when "the call" comes: when we receive our children's assignments & travel for an extended time with very little notice (it will be a frenzy of love!) We are trying to get organized so that the work nights run smoothly and are excited to see what projects get completed. We are continually amazed at how God has been answering our prayers in such mighty ways & for His abundant provisions!

A huge blessing today is that we found out this fabulous & shocking news regarding Karl's passport renewal:
Subject: Passport Application Status

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you. You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 10/10/2007.

Tomorrow is the last day of our 1st Spanish class. The second starts the following week. Here are our end of Spanish Class projects that we stayed up late on Sunday night to finish. I think Karl's is better than mine!!!

Julie's

Karl's

There's so much more to catch you up on but so little time - more to come later!

3 comments:

janine said...

Shirley really enjoyed reading your Spanish projects! So cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't decide which one I like the best! You both did an excellent job! We didn't have projects like that in our Spanish Class! (years ago!)

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

What a neat idea!!! But please translate! I can figure out some of the sentences...knowing some verbs...

I think it is awesome that you guys are taking Spanish classes before you travel! I wish that was something they had available where we live. It went really fast for us after our dossier went to Colombia. (About a month)We just used some CDs...we knew pocita (sp); our translator was awesome!

Well, I have enjoyed reading your blog, and know your referral is coming soon!!! Can't wait for more details! Lots of CHI referrals this year!

Wendi,
Adoptive Mami of 3, Mississippi

........................

........................

........................

........................