Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Paint, Paint & More Paint!

Karl and Mike met at the house after work last night to start the tree job but it started to rain & never let up! Plus it got really chilly so the tree cutting is postponed.

So after dinner Karl and I started re-painting. We did all the cutting-in with paint brushes and now we are ready to roll the walls after we paint the ceiling tonight. I thought you might want to see the difference between the paint colors - you can see the correct paint below - it's the darker one that I painted in the corners. Pretty big difference! We are already happier with the color since just repainting areas the roller cannot cover!

Here's Karl painting - he did the areas up by the ceiling & higher areas. I worked on the lower areas, around outlets, windows, etc. It went pretty well and we enjoyed some nice conversation while we painted until 11+ p.m.!!! He's really sweet - he cleans the brushes and always takes on the harder duties & does such a great job!

Today I ran to Menards for ceiling paint and other supplies after Bible study. Our lesson today in Bible Study was excellent! I was really, really glad that I was there today to hear it. Praise God for His faithfulness and involvement in our lives. He's always there, always ready to meet the deepest needs of our hearts & to teach us how to depend upon Him & be satisfied in Him alone! It was also special to be reminded today that He goes ahead of us, carving out the way that we are supposed to go - He makes our crooked paths straight.

I need to write out our daily schedules to pass on to our Social Worker so she can incorporate them into the requested Home Study Update.

1 comment:

Genece said...

Julie & Karl,
We're loving the adjustments to your house! It's so worth what is to come soon when the home will be filled with joy from 3 children! No timeline is ever alike, but our referral of 3 chidren came exactly 1 month after our home study addendum (updated with the info. ICBF requested) went into the ICBF office. So it's not really far off at all! Good luck!
Many Blessings,
Genece $ Rick

........................

........................

........................

........................