Friday, June 29, 2007

We're Doing Well

Here it is, the last full day of our vacation. This has been a great use of time; I have really enjoyed being home with Julie. We are feeling much better than we did at the beginning of the week (in terms of our summer colds) - thank you for your prayers.

We have never worked so hard or so long on a vacation (and enjoyed it so much). We are no where near done, but the work is a satisfying quality and we are joyfully together!

I am so very thankful!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO ARMSTRONGS!!!! Whoah- apparently, you guys have a lot going on right now so I'll keep this brief! First of all, an official "Congratulations" on becoming parents!! WOW! I heard this little rumor a couple months ago but that was about the extent of it...what an exciting adventure and blessing for you guys! I can't wait to meet your new little ones!!
Brandon and I wanted to help you out in some way or another so we felt that the most priceless gift you could recieve would be Preparation...that's right, preparation. So, we're offering a one time special deal only available this one time (unless we change our minds somewhere down the road) to keep our THREE beautiful angelic and usually quiet children for ONE WHOLE WEEK! Thats right folks, you've won this once in a lifetime opportunity so HURRY before this offer ends. (no actual expiration date).

Actual, I was thinking it through and recalled the last time we saw you, I remember that we went bowling and my score was higher than Karl's...and that's the last I heard from you guys. Hmmm...strange cooincidence...

Some highlights of today w/ 3 children: Bria and Javan fought about watching Barney (personally I don't like Barney but I let them duke it out) Bria got spanked for not listening after the fight over Barney and spent a lot of time in her room, Javan knocked down Shaelyn...a few times...Shaelyn yelled at me for a drink and other things I wasn't sure of...
Bria broke my mirror trying to look like a princess, Shaelyn cried because she wanted DIP for her frie (which she didn't even like...she just wanted it)
Javan told on Bria for breaking my mirror, Javan put a stick down the hole in our porch which then landed in the basement, next to where I'm typing this (Brandon is re doing the porch so there's a big hole)
Shaelyn cried to go downstairs, then she cried to go upstairs. Now she's just crying... and she has messy pants. So I'm headed now to get rid of that and to to the chiropracter to hopefully fix my crooked spine left that way from having 3 children. : )
Have a nice day.

Ohhhh...sorry this wasn't brief like I said it would be. I couldn't help myself.
Miss you guys, Love you guys, can't wait to see/talk to you soon!!! : )
Gloria

Anonymous said...

OOOPS, Please don't mention 'Barney' to Julie - she never did like him... (just kidding, Gloria!)....
She favored the Sesame Street gang over poor little Barney.. I kinda felt sorry for him. (sniff, I'm okay).....
Momma G

Anonymous said...

Lots of Laughs... I DON'T like Barney either...or Teletubbies(they're freaky)....or Caillou...for those of you who don't know who Caillou is- keep it that way, don't ever ever let your kids watch it!
Yes, I can tolerate Sesame Street and a few of the others...

I'm still waiting to hear if you guys are going to take us up on our offer to keep our kids for a week...give or take a few weeks. : )

La Familia Armstrong said...

Gloria - It is so wonderful to hear from you. :) Thank you for your enthusiasm!

As for your generous offer - unfortunately with our extensive home projects & other undisclosed commitments, we are unable to take advantage of your generous & unprecedented offer. However, we are interested in visiting your family sometime in the near future! However, we are unable to make any immediate plans due to our above-mentioned commitments! We are under the proverbial gun to get our house in order as the light in the proverbial tunnel is now brightly illuminating our sweaty brows. Our overdue get-together might need to entail you guys coming over with your sleeves rolled up and ready to work (don’t worry, we have plenty of tools & tasks for your children too - ha ha ha, just kidding!)

We love you guys and miss you too!

Julie & Karl

La Familia Armstrong said...

As far as Barney goes - we are definitely not fans. Could he possibly be as bad as the Wiggles?

Anonymous said...

We've trained and equipped our children to WORK so we will send them over first thing tomorrow, ready to take command from you immediately. Call us when you're done...completely...with the house. : )

I don't mind the Wiggles so much but I don't actual think that it is their voices on the songs...not sure...

La Familia Armstrong said...

You are so hilarious, Gloria!!!

Did those little worker-bees help you guys do work on your new duplex? They sound valuable! We'd love their services but would hate to deprive you of the huge investment you have made in their little lives. You teach a good work ethic, huh?!

Hey, don't try to give the bum rap to the Wiggles like Milli Vanilli who are surely scarred for life - those guys provided fine entertainment at the time!!! :)

he he he

By the way, do you always stay up this late writing comic relief?

........................

........................

........................

........................