Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bath Attack






We took down the drywall in the shower area & are still around to tell about it. If you have never done something like this, it is quite an experience. Nasty & dusty but memorable.
You may be wondering why we did this...well, when we took down the tile, we noticed some water damage and thought this was the time to remedy the situation. We are now debating whether to put up greenboard or to do a direct-to-stud surround.

Now, the "clean up" portion - tons of fun. Good thing we have a new shop vac...it's going to get a lot of use.

Safety Note: For this project we used mechanical ventilation, safety glasses, hearing protection, filtering face-piece respirators (N 95), and leather gloves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for wearing all the protective devices!!!! (whew, I was concerned about that, anyone else??)...

Also, I vote for greenboard... they use it in new houses, and I heard it works great!

Happy to provide my expertise!
Love, Momma G

La Familia Armstrong said...

Although, we both have a mysterious cough........just kidding!!!

........................

........................

........................

........................