I had a very good reason for a night off - a persistent throbbing and very painful headache that I had all afternoon and that was still going strong even after getting the kids to bed. Karl said we could forget the "blitz" and rest.
I took a moment and thought about our new & improved living room and bathroom. Our bedroom was on the schedule for the evening and it sure needed "blitzing"! Terrible headache or not, I didn't want to loose our momentum! I told Karl I wanted to plow through I work on "blitzing" our room anyway!
I am soooooooooooo glad we did! I am telling you, I feel like a new woman! These are the best hour and a half segments of time we have spent in a long time! Karl and I are both elated about the progress we are making and amazed about the change in such a short amount of time. We talked about it last night and said we want to keep this up each week - not every night but maybe twice a week devote an evening to "blitzing" an area.
What is essential to our evening "blitzing" process: eating dinner early & getting the kids to bed right on time! Thanks to Karl being out of town for so long, I have become really skilled at getting dinner ready, the kids homework squeezed in and all three of them ready for bed! Last night, Karl had an out of town meeting and so I had to do dinner with the kids alone. I was amazed at how much we fit in to such a little amount of time! We sat on the sofa & read four little books together, did homework for both girls, talked, ate dinner and even had a little postre before we started the bedtime routine. By the time Karl got home from his meeting, the kids were settled in bed and ready for him to read the Bible/la palabra de Dios. I cleaned the kitchen up while Karl read and prayed with the kids. After that, I went back in to sing. So, we were ready to gear up for our "blitz" at 7:30!
The wonderful thing about our "blitz" is that it doesn't last forever - it ends at 9. After that, we put away/aside the variety of items that need further attention for another time. When the "blitz" is over, it is time to relax...sit down, chat & have a snack together, maybe even enjoy an episode of LHOP with some popcorn like we did last night, time to talk & reflect & dream, read together before bed. It has been really great! We spend some time "blitzing" neglected areas, and then we still have time together as a couple! It is like a date with no babysitter & your kids are already peacefully nestled in bed! :) And this morning, how does our room look? REFRESHING! I am so thankful for Karl's incredibly great ideas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment