It was a really nice weekend full of laughter and family time. Our kids are so precious. They are a ton of fun to be around! It is so nice to have the weekend together just to enjoy them and for them to be able to play with us - we have found that to be really important. The daily grind is necessary but reserving special time to interact, to be silly and to have fun together makes all the difference - to our family unity, bonding, attitudes, even to effectively communicating love.
I am so happy to have filled the kids new charts this weekend with a bunch of stickers for their super great attitudes and cooperating so well with Mami & Papi - they even got a special gift!
I am so happy to have filled the kids new charts this weekend with a bunch of stickers for their super great attitudes and cooperating so well with Mami & Papi - they even got a special gift!
I pick up neat little items inexpensive items here and there just waiting for the right moment to give it to the kids as a treat. Well, I had picked up a pouch of silk multi-colored fall leaves thinking they might like to play with those. They were such a big hit! I had them close their eyes and put a leaf in each of their hands and they yelled "thank you, MAMA!" and squealed with glee. It was really precious! They spent a bunch of time this weekend playing with those and throwing them up in the air and running under and through them - they are very creative! Yesterday evening they were pretending to have fiestas for each other's birthdays. They brought out a couple toys that light up and play music and were singing Happy B-Day and throwing the leaves as confetti. It was such a joy for Karl and me to watch them playing together and having so much fun with a surprise gift.
We took the weekend off from "blitzing" but will start again tonight - on our most challenging room: the office/craft room/where should we put it? room. We are both up to the challenge and ready to hit it with full force tonight!
Last night I had a crazy dream: I was trying to get across the country to meet another adoptive family with three Colombian niños. For some strange reason, it was late at night and I had called for the taxi to meet me. When I arrived, the taxi cab driver had left the taxi running with lights on and doors & trunk open but never showed up. I waited & waited. I had to go and couldn't wait any longer and felt like I was in danger alone in this dark city late at night. I hopped in the driver's seat and drove off. I didn't have directions. I am directionally challenged. Wished I had a GPS system. It was very late and I called this other family for directions. Woke them all up. They must have given good directions because I finally showed up late another night. I abandoned the taxi with some money for its use and a note of explanation. Finally met the family and stayed with them a day or two. Funny dream, huh?

1 comment:
Wow! That dream is scary, even for 'onlookers'! I don't have access to a dream analysis book, but I can say that the whole adoption thing was stressful for you, and for family and friends... I remember it aging me, but it stretched my faith, and I believe it will for the other family too!
Finally, I KNOW all the stress, work, prayers, and TRUST are worth it when you finally have your little ones!!!!! To God be the glory! Amen
Love to all,
Momma G
Post a Comment