Day #2 of the "blitz" ended with fantastic results! It was pretty cramped quarters with Karl and I in there working but no one got hurt and we got a lot done in an hour and a half. We pitched stuff, sorted, reorganized, grouped like items, washed shelves, & cleaned. Blitzing the bathroom was definitely not as "fun" as the living room but we are both so happy with the results now that we made it through!
Aaaaaaaaaah. Now when I open a cabinet, I am no longer afraid a tube of toothpaste (or maybe something heavier) will roll out & fall on one of us! The little changes are definitely helping reduce the general feeling of chaos around here. The time spent has been a wise investment.
This morning I went to the kids' school for parent day in Claudia's class. I was kind of dreading it because last time felt like a royal waste of time. Why? Last time, Claudia was not thrilled I was there (I was supposed to be at home with Andres, right?) and communicated this to me while I was in her class. It was wild in her classroom with kids all over trying to get my attention and of course my beloved hija picked the most boring station activity ever for us to do "together." Meanwhile, Andres was at a different station looking quite traumatized. So, last time was agonizing.
This time was sooooooooo much better and I am sooooooooooo thankful and relieved! It started off with Claudia's teacher reading the Three Little Bears and then we sat at tables with construction paper and drew bears. It was a fun interaction time with Claudia, me and Andres and 4 other students who were all fellow Latinos and seemed quite happy I was there! They wanted me to see every mark they made on their papers! Even Claudia leaned over and said to me, "Mami, I want do not want you to leave." Heart-warming! Kids came from other tables to visit and ask Claudia's Mami questions.
This visit none of the kids sneezed on me or whined for the most part. I observed much less naughtiness then my first visit. Even though there were many new students, it was much more orderly. I really do like children and enjoyment for me always multiplies when the children are semi-well-behaved. After today's great visit, I am even more excited about joining the class field trip next week!
I was able to stick around until lunch time and that was really fun because not only did I get to see where Claudia sits & experience it firsthand but I got to see Anji too! That was delightful! It was a sweet time of spending special time with all three of my kids but also sharing time and extending love and encouragement to the other children. It is always a pleasure to interact with the Spanish speaking students in Anji's class - they are a little older & talk more and we seem to have a neat bond. They were excited to see us and I was so happy to see all of them! They are so adorable! I am so grateful to be the Mami of my three precious Colombian niños and to experience all of this together!
1 comment:
I'm going to have to try this "blitz" technique!!
Post a Comment