It was supposed to be simple. 5 minutes in and out. Quick trip.
But, instead it was an absolute nightmare.
I ran to the office store/copy center after leaving the play date because it was on the way home. To my horror, I looked at my watch after waiting quite a while & 35 minutes had already passed and I still didn't have one (decent) copy. I had asked the copy center employees to run my copies instead of doing the self-serve (so nothing would go wrong...) but just about everything imaginable happened and I still didn't have any copies in hand.
I took the kids in hand to leave and told the manager on the way out - nicely and calmly but firmly - that he needed to give some attention to the copy center. He acted surprised I had any problems & insisted that he "try" to do my copies. MY MISTAKE. How much longer did that take? I was there about an hour total. It was ridiculous!
Well, I came home with a stack of legal size copies and was happy that at least I had that done. However, upon further inspection each copied document had the bottom 3-4 lines cut off. I still didn't have any color copies of the photo pages because the machine was "busy" running another gigantic job and the other machine made the kids' faces red like they had 3rd degree sunburn. Believe it or not, this is the short version. There are many, many more dreadful details.
You may be wondering why I didn't leave sooner... I am asking myself the same thing. It was such a fiasco that I didn't realize how much time had passed. I wanted to get my simple errand DONE. I had already had a rough day and I think the extra stress impaired my judgment!
So, last night the five of us went back to a local office store/copy center and had the legal size copies redone and the color copies made. It took a while but they did a good job and were nice about it. Now, we have our copies ready to turn in to a lawyer and photo pages ready for Colombia! Phew!
But, instead it was an absolute nightmare.
I ran to the office store/copy center after leaving the play date because it was on the way home. To my horror, I looked at my watch after waiting quite a while & 35 minutes had already passed and I still didn't have one (decent) copy. I had asked the copy center employees to run my copies instead of doing the self-serve (so nothing would go wrong...) but just about everything imaginable happened and I still didn't have any copies in hand.
I took the kids in hand to leave and told the manager on the way out - nicely and calmly but firmly - that he needed to give some attention to the copy center. He acted surprised I had any problems & insisted that he "try" to do my copies. MY MISTAKE. How much longer did that take? I was there about an hour total. It was ridiculous!
Well, I came home with a stack of legal size copies and was happy that at least I had that done. However, upon further inspection each copied document had the bottom 3-4 lines cut off. I still didn't have any color copies of the photo pages because the machine was "busy" running another gigantic job and the other machine made the kids' faces red like they had 3rd degree sunburn. Believe it or not, this is the short version. There are many, many more dreadful details.
You may be wondering why I didn't leave sooner... I am asking myself the same thing. It was such a fiasco that I didn't realize how much time had passed. I wanted to get my simple errand DONE. I had already had a rough day and I think the extra stress impaired my judgment!
So, last night the five of us went back to a local office store/copy center and had the legal size copies redone and the color copies made. It took a while but they did a good job and were nice about it. Now, we have our copies ready to turn in to a lawyer and photo pages ready for Colombia! Phew!
1 comment:
I love you, JULIE!!!
K
Post a Comment