Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Well-Blended Family?!?!

Where do I even begin? It has been a VERY eventful few days in the Armstrong household!

For the 4th of July we enjoyed a fun-filled evening together celebrating Independence Day with Karl’s parents; the children watched their first fireworks: “Boom, Boom!”; and had a lot of fun watching lightning bugs fly around at night!

The kids are back to school for another couple of weeks and I am still trying to recuperate from my foot sprain. I have been trying to get phone errands taken care of while I am limited in my ability to get around - so far so good!

We are so thrilled that this weekend is the ANNUAL REUNION for Children’s Hope International and we will be traveling to St. Louis to participate in the festivities! We are excited to stay in a hotel, swim, meet other Colombian Adoptive Families and enjoy this special time together as a family to celebrate our adoption and family! WOO HOO! I am attempting to pack as much as I can so we can be ready to go tomorrow!

Yesterday was a strange day…the girls got off the bus and ran in the house and started excitedly unzipping their backpacks to show Mami their papeles (school papers) and the girls enthusiastically told me they ate tacos for lunch but when Anji looked up at me, I was shocked to see that her glasses were catawampus. I tried to straighten on her face them but quickly realized there was something terribly amiss! Well, they were bent - a lot! Much time was spent trying to discern what exactly happened but we never could figure it out completely….Something to the effect of Claudia grabbing the glasses off Anji’s face (Why? Still not sure!) and Anji grabbing them back. Anyway, when Karl came home from work, we made a trip to the eye doctor to have them fixed.

The eye doctor experience turned out to be an interesting one. While Anji was getting her glasses repaired, Karl and I had ours adjusted by another lady. She struck up conversation and asked with all sincerity “where does she get her curly hair from?” Karl and I were dumbfounded and gave each other “the eyes” while trying to process that this lady was totally serious (yes, the other two kids are sitting right there too - we were all sitting together). Neither of us could even respond! A few moments later, she asked “is it naturally curly?” to which I replied, “yes…” Anyway, Karl & I laughed all night about that one! I have heard a lot of things from people but this one was a definite "eyebrow raiser" - hence the blog title!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh Julie, I love it! That one put a smile on my face. I guess you can always expect the unexpected! Have a great weekend celebrating your adoptions!

Amy said...

Life is definitely not boring!

(One day at the school someone asked me if Molly and Brandon were twins.) :O

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Cheryl said...

I told you Andres looks like papi!!!

........................

........................

........................

........................