Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Than A Sprain...


The bad foot saga continues! Yesterday I went to get a second opinion on my foot that I still cannot walk on after 2 1/2 weeks. I picked up my x-rays from the hospital and brought them to my appointment. They took more x-rays and confirmed that I DID fracture my index toe (that I was sure that I broke at the time of my accident!) Now I am wrapped up in a soft cast with a surgical shoe. I am supposed to continue using crutches if it hurts - and it does hurt so I am taking it easy and trying to not be on it as much as possible. We have a borrowed wheelchair that I am using around the house too since the crutches are such a pain to use. I am looking at another 3 1/2 weeks of recovery time - minimum - so that was really a shock to hear.

I was also surprised to hear that I have a cystic lesion on the bone of the same toe that has shown up in the x-rays, so I will be having an MRI done on Friday. Then see the Dr again next week for a follow-up appointment as to what to do next. My x-ray above shows the lesion circled and the fracture is located above that area.

All this has been pretty discouraging news to say the least. I am so eager to function normally and being so very limited in activities and abilities is really difficult with the kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Children's Hope International said...

That is not good news!! I am sorry to hear you will be out of commission for awhile, but at least now you know. Conclusiveness is a blessing. :)

I hope you have a great weekend!

Jennifer N.

........................

........................

........................

........................