
In addition to the others who commented about our weird stain problem, I want to say THANK YOU to this wonderful blog reader for her very helpful comment:
Anonymous said...
"I just had to comment about the laundry stains - I know exactly what it is as my daughter had the same and she 'fessed up. The spots are from dandelions. If your child picks dandelions and gets some of the "juice" on clothes, the stain doesn't show up until later. Unfortunately I have never found anything that takes it out."
YES - that must be it!!! That would make A LOT of sense about where the mysterious stains are coming from on Anji's clothes. Anji is an AVID dandelion picker and that would explain why I haven't seen the stains until after they go through the wash since I scrutinize everything before it goes in the laundry (but not really after!) That would explain the funny little hollow circles on the clothes too - they are totally the size of the stem of a dandelion! Nothing we have found has been able to get these stains out so far either and so we'll just have to focus on the preventative route!
4 comments:
So glad to see updated photos of the kiddos. Sorry to hear about your foot! What a bummer with kids. By the way- about the dandelion stains- this sounds wierd, but has worked for me on several stains that have already gone through the laundry:
Mark the stain with safety pins, if necessary. Place in sink or bathtub. Boil water on the stove. Hold the boiling water about a foot or higher above the clothes and pour over the stain. While the clothes are still hot, rub in liquid laundry detergent and let sit for awhile. Then launder as usual. This works great for oil stains (like from butter or salad dressing). A laundry stain stick (the kind that you can leave on for 7 days) really works, too, if you leave it on for 5+ days.
Coming from a mom of three active kids!
Wow! Thank you for the info! Another reason to avoid growing dandelions! My husband hates to see them sprouting up, but now we have another reason to dislike them! heheee.... Frankly, I am surprised, and was going a little nutty trying to help Julie figure this out! Momma G
I haven't read your blog in a while and it is so good to catch up...we miss you guys and we haven't even moved yet :)
Anyway, it is SUCH A JOY to read about your family and see the pictures....God is so awesome and it is so evident how much love is in your family!!
Hang in there with your foot and hope you heal quickly!!!
love, Lisa H
Glad to hear things are going well. They all look active and happy. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment