That is a good question! All I can say is that we are working feverishly to get this move done so the five of us can be reunited again!
It's been quite a month since our last update. We are all doing fairly well, all things considered. Tired though! We are incredibly busy with all the details necessary for the ongoing relocation adventure. Did you know that moves are really disruptive to family life?! We are trying to maintain some semblance of normalcy but it is not easy!
Karl started his new job last month. He is enjoying all the new things he is learning as well as the new responsibilities and getting to know the other staff members better. Right now he is working during the week and commuting back to us for the weekend.
The kids & I recently joined Karl for one house-hunting weekend but have not found a house to suit our needs in our new area yet.
The kids and I are holding down the fort. The girls are still in school right now and I have been working quite intensely to get our home ready to sell. Thankfully we have had some valuable help from both of our parents which has been such a relief.
In addition to all of the cleaning and projects I am working on, I am trying to fit in a ton of appointments before we move. Varied doctor appointments, eye, dental, speech, etc. Last evening included a trip to the pediatrician with Mami and the kids for check-ups and more immunizations. 4:15 to 6pm made for a long visit! The next couple of weeks are filled with appointments for the kids and for me!
So when are we moving? Our goal is for the kids and me to move down to be with Karl full-time by the beginning of April. We would sure appreciate if you joined us in prayer that the Lord would graciously help us sell our home and provide a new one for us soon!
11 comments:
Thanks so much for the update! I've been checking and was eager to know where you are in the relocation process. We're praying for you!!!
Oops! Forgot to sign my name to the previous post! :) Debbie Jo
I wondered, but figured you were getting that question a lot so I didn't bombard you. We are praying for the sale of your house and all of the details that go along with that. May God bless you with a quick sale and the perfect house there. Blessings to you!
Oh Julie,
Praying for you girlie. Life without Daddy would be very long.
I LOVE YOU JULIE!!! YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE!!! kj
Thinking of you and praying for you, for all the details to fall into place with your relocation!
Love,
Lisa
Julie-thanks for the update - please let us know if you need any help!!
Love,
Jen
It is great to hear what is happening. We are praying for the details of this move. Hang in there!
Love the new family picture, too!
We are sure going to miss you all! And we will be praying for everything to fall into place quickly so you all can be together!
Hi Julie,
We've been keeping up with your blog since the adoption. I know you didn't know we are out here! Thanks for writing. It has been good to follow God's hand on your lives. My question: WHERE are you moving to?? It's not in the blog anywhere...unless I am just missing it. Your fans are dying to know.
Love,
Becky (& Allen & Stephen) Priest
Hi from France
We have been following your blog...the kids are really darling and we love the new picture.
Keep us up to date on your move. We don't want to lose touch with you.
Peter & Cindy Thompson in Marseille
Post a Comment