"Thank you, Mami, for chili a-g-a-i-n!"
Three enthusiastic voices crying out with glee. It is music to my ears. Oh thank you, Lord, for three children with grateful hearts. We have eaten chili every night this week. I made a jumbo crock pot of chili and it is feeding us without much effort. I am lucky to be getting anything on the table right now between the tons of house-related phone calls taking up so much time and the other things demanding my care. I am weary and feeling so inadequate right now, so these children of mine have truly blessed me. They have wanted to pray - at dinner, at bedtime - and they lift me up to the Lord asking Him to help me because I have so much work to do. At a time when my heart is so heavy, these little sweethearts have encouraged me tremendously in so many other ways as well. They have been so helpful and have shown initiative to take on tasks and make adjustments to our new weird way of doing things to keep the house picked up for showings. They have been extra cooperative. Obedient. Good attitudes. Played well together. They have been so patient and understanding with their zombie-like Mami. They are caring if I break down and cry. They express their love over & over so freely. "Mami, you so spch-al (special). You princessa" - from 3 year old Andres. Despite the hardship of this time and the toll it has taken on me (wondering when my hair will start falling out...), I definitely feel our love growing for each other & our bond strengthening. As I reflect now, our time together these weeks while Papi has been away have been weeks of learning to work together and weeks of growth - that is most certainly a gift from our gracious and generous Heavenly Father. He is growing my little children and He is growing me. I am thankful that He draws me to Himself through His Word:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared.
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
Psalm 130: 1-5
7 comments:
So happy that the kids are being so great. I know that has to be such a big help to you in what is always a stressful situation, but even moreso with all you are dealing with. Hoping the house sells quickly and you get some resolution on the new one.
Thank you for sharing your heart. Your children are huge gifts from God sent only to you and Karl. Remember that this too shall pass. Also remember that there are people willing to help you if you need help. :o) We love you guys and want what is best and ultimately what God wants for your lives. May God bless this time of transition in your lives!
God is so good to give us just what we need, even when it comes from little ones much smaller in size but with very large hearts.
I think that your children's love for you is a testimony of how you have poured your love into them. And also the Lord working in their hearts.
Praying for you all.
Thanks for continuing to post admist the craziness in your family. We are praying for you all!
The Hodges
Well I guess that is what I will be looking forward to. We decided to move but only to the other side of town. Looking to be closer to my husbands work and a better school district. We have only lived here for 4 1/2 years and didn't know we would be adopting children at that time so school districts were not a problem. The thoughts of the stress of moving scare me, but we must do it. Moving any closer to Pittsburgh???? I wish you guys the best and looks like you are holding it together quite well.
Donna Krebs
Mami Julie...the Lord has blessed you so! What a beautiful tribute to your children, but more importantly to the Lord, for what you and Karl have already taught your ninos in their young lives as your children. You are wonderful parents! Praying for the desires of your heart!
Just checking in with you! How wonderful that you are being blessed by your little ones at this stressful time. I will be praying for strength and that the Lord will continue to encourage you in these busy days.
Post a Comment