I am not really sure how our life got so adventurous...here we are in our new ciudad, our second night at an extended stay hotel.
We stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks back and it was a really nice experience overall except that the room seemed kind of dark. We weren't in it much because we were out house-hunting and pretty much ate all of our meal out.
Well, when we were trying to decide which hotel to stay in this time we thought we would come back to this one because the room seemed larger and had more room for the five of us to spread out. I wanted a room on the first floor so the kids could run around and so Mami and Papi wouldn't have to fuss at them and tell them not to stomp and to be quiet. But, I really wanted a room with some sunlight since our last one was on the back of the building and never got any sunlight.
Unfortunately, Karl and I have been repacking up the boatload of stuff we brought since before dinner and he is now on his 4th trip back downstairs to load the van for me so that I can check out of here tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will check in to the other hotel with a full size sink, dishwasher and hopefully more upscale clientele.
It is quite a hassle to repack everything and move again but the sofa bed (that the girls are sleeping on) is broken - and they didn't repair/replace it today. The microwave is louder and scarier than you can imagine and I am afraid to use it. In Karl's words: "it sounds like a battery powered jet ski on choppy waters." They are pretty full here with no other room to move us to and this room is grungy and beat up unlike the room we stayed in a couple of weeks ago. The fridge came pre-dirty, crumbs in the drawers, stains on the carpet and sofa, etc. It is pretty loud here. They put us next to a staircase where people stomp up & down the stairs and last night there were undesirable fellows roaming (crawling down?) the hallway.
The next one we'll move into will be a bit smaller but has better amenities for family survival. Who needs a little extra space when you really need to be able to cook a meal and wash dishes with ease? The sink at this place is literally a puny wet bar sink. Tonight I struggled to wash a giant skillet in it...well, you do the math...it didn't fit!
Tomorrow hopefully we'll think all this work was well worth it and sigh with relief, "home sweet temporary home."
We stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks back and it was a really nice experience overall except that the room seemed kind of dark. We weren't in it much because we were out house-hunting and pretty much ate all of our meal out.
Well, when we were trying to decide which hotel to stay in this time we thought we would come back to this one because the room seemed larger and had more room for the five of us to spread out. I wanted a room on the first floor so the kids could run around and so Mami and Papi wouldn't have to fuss at them and tell them not to stomp and to be quiet. But, I really wanted a room with some sunlight since our last one was on the back of the building and never got any sunlight.
Unfortunately, Karl and I have been repacking up the boatload of stuff we brought since before dinner and he is now on his 4th trip back downstairs to load the van for me so that I can check out of here tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will check in to the other hotel with a full size sink, dishwasher and hopefully more upscale clientele.
It is quite a hassle to repack everything and move again but the sofa bed (that the girls are sleeping on) is broken - and they didn't repair/replace it today. The microwave is louder and scarier than you can imagine and I am afraid to use it. In Karl's words: "it sounds like a battery powered jet ski on choppy waters." They are pretty full here with no other room to move us to and this room is grungy and beat up unlike the room we stayed in a couple of weeks ago. The fridge came pre-dirty, crumbs in the drawers, stains on the carpet and sofa, etc. It is pretty loud here. They put us next to a staircase where people stomp up & down the stairs and last night there were undesirable fellows roaming (crawling down?) the hallway.
The next one we'll move into will be a bit smaller but has better amenities for family survival. Who needs a little extra space when you really need to be able to cook a meal and wash dishes with ease? The sink at this place is literally a puny wet bar sink. Tonight I struggled to wash a giant skillet in it...well, you do the math...it didn't fit!
Tomorrow hopefully we'll think all this work was well worth it and sigh with relief, "home sweet temporary home."
6 comments:
Julie, I love your pics on your blog! Great attitude in the midst of the chaos... " an adventure"!!! I have to remind myself at times to look at things as little adventures... I hope you guys find a much better place today! I love your posts! Can't wait to meet you guys this summer!
Praying things will get better in your new temporary digs. I hope you can get into a house SOON!:o) We miss you!
Hi, Julie,
Oh, I feel for you! We are doing the "temporary housing" thing right now, too (in an apt.) . . . and although it's less than ideal, we are trying to make the best of it! I'm just amazed at how flexible kids can be . . . they definitely view it as an adventure and can make fun wherever they go!
Hope you get that house soon!!
love!
Sorry you are going to have extra moves in this transition. Praying for joy in the journey, quick sell of your house. Did things work out for the house you were interested in?
sounds like to me you need a day away--- whatcha doin this week???? :-)
Post a Comment