Monday, June 30, 2008

Not A Pretty Picture: Mami Out Of Commission

Claudia getting ready to start her 1st Day of School!

So, what's with the post title? Well, I hurt my foot really bad on Saturday evening and knew right away that something was dreadfully wrong. It hurt really bad (& continued to hurt) and later we even heard an awful popping sound. I hobbled around hoping it would get better but on Sunday morning it was not better but worse! We spent 3 hours in the ER on Sunday to find out what damage had been done. THANKFULLY it is not fractured but it is sprained and very swollen and painful due to pressure on the nerve. The Dr. said to expect about 10 days to feel better but maybe longer to heal fully. In the meantime I will be using crutches to get around because I cannot walk on it.


Papi is now officially promoted to Super-Duper Papi! He is so patiently taking care of me, the house, and the kids! He is so wonderful and I am so thankful!

So here we are - just me and Andres while both girls are in school today. I cannot do much around the house and am trying to not be discouraged or frustrated with my condition. Andres is making me smile a lot with the cute things he is saying and how he plays so contentedly. He is such a sweetheart - our precious little hijo.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I'm home sick today too - and even in my frustration with it, God has been good and taught me more of how to depend on him. :) Hope your recovery is speedy.

We continue to enjoy your updates and pictures - you are such a special family.

Amy said...

Oh Julie, that's a bummer! Praying for quick healing and lots of patience. When mommy is out of commission it's hard, but Karl is up to the challenge. :) Praying.

KevinG said...

Good job stepping it up Karl, a.k.a. Mr. Mom!

Jaime said...

Julie,

So sorry to hear about your ankle...ouch!!! I hope you are up on your feet (pain-free) soon. Wow, two children in school already! They sure look happy. I hope this 1st week of school for Claudia is going smoothly for her. I'm sure her teachers are more than charmed by her sweet grin!

........................

........................

........................

........................