Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dreary Tuesday

The Vacuum Guy agreed that it was the switch that went out and said it would be covered under warranty! Yeah! Also, he said he would replace the belt for $2. What a bargain! I dropped it off yesterday so hopefully we can pick it up tomorrow. Our carpet needs attention - the shop vac doesn't do much for picking up fine stuff.

VERY dreary weather over here! Ugh. Even Beaker looks kind of gloomy today! We need some sunshine!

Well, no word from Colombia still. I am turning into an Eager Beaver to get some of these details hashed out! I talked with our Agency representative and asked a bunch of questions but will have to wait on answers for many of them until we get the paperwork from Colombia. I would really like to get in touch with another CHI family who has traveled to Cali as soon as possible. She did say that we will most likely fly into Bogota and then stay overnight and fly to Cali the following day. Also, we will most likely stay in a B & B. That's about as many details as I have at this point.

Other than that, I am trying to think of what supplies we need for the kids. If you have ideas of what items we will need for ages 5, 3 1/2 and 18 months old - please leave a comment - it will be much appreciated!

I am feeling a little stir crazy. I told Karl I would like to go out tonight. Maybe another planning session would do us some good. I think just getting out of the house together will be energizing! Spanish class is cancelled for tomorrow night so we can get finish up homework and stuff around the house tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

I have a 5, 4, and 3 y/o from Florencia. So maybe some of the suggestions would be useful...?

Beach ball for sure! You can come up with lots of games with an inflatable beach ball; plus great for packing.

Colors!!! At least 1-2 boxes for each 3 and 5 y/o! Color books and papers.

Flash cards to start with ID objects, colors, and letters.

DVDs. We took some cartoon dvds that had both spanish and english versions (incredibles and some doras); however, we took some just english and found that they liked those just as much...and started repeating some of the small phrases like in dora. We played the DVDs on the laptop.

We took a video of family and house and their rooms. Their attention span was short then and was difficult for them to sit thru it all...may would want to take short video of house and special ppl who will be in their lives.

Clothes - a probably a size smaller than what they say their wt is as well as that size.

I'm sure I will think of more...If you have a digital camera- take it! Ours still love to see the pics on the LCD.

Smiles! Hang in there! You will be traveling before you know it. (Oh,yeah, playdoh is good, too.)

Sherri said...

I´m so out of it and just realized the news last night! Congratulations! That´s very exciting. We´ll keep you in prayer. I´m going to try to think of some tips for you, right now we are a little sleep deprived! I can´t wait to see pictures. Happy Thanksgiving, what an awesome Thanksgiving present!

Love,
Sherri

........................

........................

........................

........................