Thursday, November 29, 2007

11 months & 2 weeks

Well, the ticker says it's been 11 months and 2 weeks - hard to believe it has been "that long" because for us the time has passed very quickly!

I did not hear a peep today from our Agency in regards to an update from Colombia. It's been just over two weeks since we got "the call" with the kids' information and pictures and were under the impression we would have the official paperwork shortly after that. Oh well, we have waited two weeks, what's another few days, right?

Today, I have been working on an "inventory" of what kid stuff we have been collecting in anticipation of our three darling niños so I would know/remember what I have available. It was definitely helpful! I do not have a lot but have some necessary items. It helps me to see "holes" too in what we still need. For example, we have a crib but not a crib mattress or crib sheets. We have a changing pad but not a changing pad cover, etc...

Speaking of pictures, this is the bedding Karl & I picked out for the girls! Isn't it cute? Cheery too! I love the colors! This will go on their twin/full bunk bed so it won't look fancy like this picture below but you get the picture. We registered for a crib/toddler bedspread set that coordinates with these colors but with masculine accents and a jungle theme for our little guy. Can hardly wait to show you THEIR pictures!!! The children are totally adorable and completely precious, if Mami must say so herself! What blessings are ahead - praise be to Our Lord!


2 comments:

Laura S said...

Lists are good. They were very helpful to me in getting ready. Make separate lists for home and for travel. Something to think about if you are planning on buying a reasonable amount of stuff while you are in Colombia...do you have a suitcase that fits inside your largest one? Or duffel bags? This will help you get stuff home as you inevitably will have more coming home than you leave with.

Get a tote bag if you carry a smallish purse. This will let you add additional things to your "personal item". Make sure your husband carries a backpack or the like with computer (if you are taking one) and all of your paperwork. If you have a very large bag it might be worth paying the extra fee to carry a heavy bag or an extra bag. Just some things to think about.
Laura

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Love the bedspread! I bought a solid color with stitching on it vs. the popular themed bedding. I thought it would be more economical and Tatiana and the boys could grow into it (boys, we did navy blue/red plaid). So, smart choice...with your bedding; it's "cool".

I forgot your ages again, but wanted to give you the warning we were given about bunk beds. We had thought we would save room by using bunk beds and they were cheaper, too. Well, I began to get a lot of information on how dangerous they were if one were to fall off. We also went to 3 different furniture stores to look at the railing. When the mattress is on top, the railing is not very high. We opted to get two twins beds and just buy some rails. Ben built a headboard for each of the boys...really simple one, and we painted it. Each of the children ages 3, 4, and 5 have fallen off their beds during the night! So, I am glad we didn't go with that... that might not be the case with ya'lls kids. I am not sure if ours slept on the floors of their foster home. We have questioned that before, too.

Also, Laura is right on...I am so a "list person." And regarding baggage, sometimes, less is more.

Some of the girls on yahoo can help with suggestions on items to take, too! They are a great resource!

........................

........................

........................

........................