I cannot believe it has been so long since I have updated but we have had a lot going on! Since our last post:
- We had an absolutely wonderful time at Gammy and Grandpa's house. It was a weekend of relaxing, garage sales, shopping, eating, swimming, playing and a whole lot of family fun!
- Claudia started school - Monday through Thursday - all day Pre-K. She loves it!
- Mami went wild trying to take pictures on Claudia's first day of school. I had all three kids and was doing the breakfast thing with them and the camera flew out of my (unzipped - oops!) camera case, slammed on the floor and the lens cap broke off! Thankfully it is still working, minus the lens cap!
- Last week, Andres and I joined Claudia's class for a weekly parent time. She's pretty independent and expressed that she did not want me there (I told her that her teacher did want me there!) but she seemed to enjoy my presence nonetheless.
- Anji enjoys school too - Monday through Friday. She has homework assignments throughout the week that we squeeze into our evening routine.
- The bus is now in order and is picking up the girls and bringing them home! We have had a few surprises like the morning that the bus did not show up... but for the most part, Mami's carpooling service has thankfully ceased (except every other week when they have an early dismissal!)
- Have not yet sent the girls with a lunch...forking out the dough for school lunches still but thanks so much for the input, in time I will put your ideas to good use!
- We are all quite tired again due to the disruption of our old schedules and the adaptation to new ones revolving around the girls' school schedule! Phew!
- Final Dr. appointment for my foot. Fracture is healed. Told to be cautious with toe and that ongoing pain was normal for up to a year. Yes, I do still have pain but thankfully not all of the time. Working to try to walk normal again. So happy to wear a normal shoe again!
- First day of MOPS! It went great and Andres and Claudia both did wonderfully in their classes - that made Mami so happy!
- Found out that Papi has to be out of town for the next two weeks...
- Thanks to a very sweet friend, Papi & Mami got to go out on Friday night for a much-needed date of talking and planning.
- Saturday was focused on getting packed and ready to go and getting household things in order for the time Papi is gone and Mami manages sola. Cleaning, food prep, laundry, etc.
- Sunday we enjoyed iglesia together. We went to worship service all five of us and then the girls started their very own SS classes while Papi & Mami (& Andres) went to a new class to start a new parenting study.
- Monday: our 8th month anniversary as a familia of five!!!!! Getting household things in order to help while Papi is gone.
- Today Papi left for his trip. I had a terrible, awful day but thankfully the evening has gone much better! I got dinner on the table and all three kids to bed without any issues and will start it all again tomorrow morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment