Today went so much better than yesterday! Andres behaved wonderfully all day (exact opposite of yesterday). I am so very grateful! We ran some errands together, came home for lunch and ate tacos per Andres' request :) When the girls got home from school, we did some homework, talked and all enjoyed a pizza and salad together. Our bedtime routine was smooth and problem-free.
The day went so well that I had a little time to work on some paperwork. I read through a letter that came from our agency and upon closer inspection it was a good thing I did because the very important deadline is next week..."for what?"...to find a new post placement report provider! (Our agency will no longer be able to provide post adoption services or post placement reports in IL.) Long story short, I started some phone calls (thinking it would be quick & easy) and spent Andres' entire nap on the phone with different places only to end up totally flabbergasted and without any leads! The phone calls were nightmarish - no straight answers, tons of miscellaneous fees, 58.5 cents/mile travel fees, misunderstandings, being transferred to people who were on perpetual vacation, etc. As we sat down to dinner, one lady called me back and said it would be $500 for one PP report (since we have three kids). Another lady called me back and said they would have to adjust their fee for a report covering so many children. Talk about discouraging & stressful! Anyway, the search is still on to find a new provider for our last upcoming PP report(s). I sure hope I can get this finalized TOMORROW and get this out of my hair and our release form into the mail!
I have a dry nagging cough, and I would like for it to go away! Trying to talk and cough at the same time is not fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment