
Last night a friend and his very sweet little boy came over to help Karl install trim in the bathroom. They got quite a bit done and we are very thankful. It looks good! While the guys were doing their thing, I decided to work on making the million copies of our Dossier documents that we need to take with us to Colombia. I now have a jumbo stack and am pretty much finished - minus a couple documents I didn't have a copy of so I needed to email a question whether or not I even need copies of those items . . .
So, I sign into the email to send that paperwork question and Karl yells out that we had an email from our Agency! We were so surprised! This is what it said:
I talked with the CHI Colombia Program Director tonight. Lucia (representative in Colombia) HAS the assignment, YOUR OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT, in her hands and said that she would fax to us tomorrow! YEAH! The medical info is dated the same as what we have already given you, so technically there is no new info, just the fact that this is the real official true assignment. We just have to translate the official letter, so just wanted to give you the heads up! Will talk as soon as I hear more!
We are so happy! This was so unexpected - we thought we would be waiting another week to hear anything! This is what we have been waiting for for three solid weeks! These papers are really, really important. We haven't been able to proceed with much of anything without them. Now, we will be able to make steps towards our official date to meet the children, plane reservations, applying for our adoption visas, etc, etc!!! So, the picture above is Karl and me after reading this email with such wonderful news!
6 comments:
Now the REAL fun begins! Sending love, prayers, and best wishes as you go into full-on "preparation mode" . . . this month will be a blur, I'm sure! (it was for me this time last year!).
I've been reading your blog and am so touched by your post. I've got tears in my eyes! This is beyond exciting.
Debi
Fellow CHI'er waiting for our baby in Colombia
Yeah! "official" documents are always the best!
Whahooo! So exciting!
Congrats, Mami & Papi!!! You guys will make great parents! Will you be posting pics once you get the paperwork in hand? Can't wait!!!
Yeah!!!! Bet you had a fun weekend celebrating the news!!!
Post a Comment