After much, much, much agonizing over what to do next when none of the houses here fit us...we made a decision last night to pursue a home that is not a "perfect" fit for us but it seems to be the best choice of the multitude we have looked at.
"Pluses" include:
- excellent school district
- minimal work that needs to be done
- modern
- house is only one year old
- good sized bedrooms
- spacious bathrooms - three!
- room to host guests
- room for family expansion
- nice kitchen with appliances
- basement (it's compact compared to our old one but it's a basement nonetheless!)
- storage in garage
- within budget
There are some "cons" but we felt like the house would be a decent fit and that the decision to get settled in a house soon was wisest & best all things considered.
So, we submitted an offer at lunchtime and are supposed to have a response by 10pm! We expect a counter offer but hope to come to agreement soon. We requested to close on the new house the day after we will close on the old house - so 3/14 close on casa blanca and 3/15 close on the new house.
I am totally pumped to know that there is an end in sight! We'll be able to have our stuff moved from one house directly to another. No more grueling, non-fruitful house search. All that would be left is finalizing financing and a possible home inspection. That all actually sounds very simple compared to what I have been undertaking the past couple of months. Moving into our new home in five weeks sounds awfully good to me!
I will be sure to update when we get a response on our offer for our new casa!!! Wooo Hoooo!
2 comments:
hooray!! I bet you are SOOO READY to have your own space again- I'll be praying that everything goes through! Let us know what you need from us!!
Christy
This is great news. Praying that you have a positive answer as I write this.
Would love to see pics of your new home. :)
Post a Comment