Friday, April 10, 2009

After A Very Long Night

After my post yesterday when we had already made our initial offer on the new house, we had a total of six volleys back and forth with offers and counter offers for the new house. The last exchange of the evening yesterday was us giving a counter offer and requesting a 10 a.m. response.

It was a very, very long night wondering if the seller would stay firm or if he would continue to negotiate. It was all we could think about! "What would he do next...what would we do next?" we wondered. To "relax" and get our minds off of the intense house negotiations, Karl picked a movie to watch. It was a major suspense movie and the two of us had racing hearts and were the exact opposite of relaxed but at least it got our minds off of the house.

I woke up this morning to a ringing phone and the news that the seller did indeed counter offer and came down to meet us half way in our remaining $5,000 gulf. So, Karl and I have signed paperwork and all that is left is seller signatures and our deal is done!

I am thrilled, thankful, glad, happy, relieved, exhilarated, ecstatic, overjoyed, pumped, giddy!

Tonight I am going out on my first Mami's night out in what feels like a million years and I am really looking forward to it. I need the break really bad. I am totally overstimulated and tired. I love and adore my kids so much and need some time away from them so that I can appreciate them more. I need to refresh really bad. Anyway, I am going to go out for a quiet dinner alone and start a new book that a sweet friend gave to me called After The Boxes Are Unpacked: Moving On After Moving In. It looks like a really great book - what a sweet gift!

Praise the Lord for His provision of a home for us - here is what it looks like - it is kind of a light beige/yellow and grey. If you have an idea for a name for our new casa, please pass it on!

7 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Very Nice! I was just thinking about you today, wondering what happened. I am so happy that it worked out. Looks like a beautiful home. Congratulations! Enjoy your nite out!

Amy said...

So glad to hear that things came together. Love the look of the new house!

Amy said...

Oh and I have a name for your new house....... "Home". hehehe

Jaime said...

I did a Bible Study at a local E-free church with that book when we moved here to Des Moines. I met lots of ladies from various denominations and learned about our community at the same time. It was a God-send! I wonder if there is anything like that where you live now? I think there is a website listed in the book... just thought I'd pass it along.

Congrats on the house! La casa es bonita!!! (I haven't spoken Spanish in a really long time... I'm sure I butchered it here!!!)

Love to all!
The Stanleys

Laura S said...

House looks great. I was going to suggest the same thing as Amy! :) Love the front porch. Its wonderful that you are able to close on both home so close together. That is such a relief for you I am sure and it must be nice knowing there is an end in sight for the chaotic living you are currently enduring. Conratulations!

Leslie said...

Your new house looks so beautiful! I am very happy for your family! When will you get to move in?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful new home !! Soooo happy for your family : )
Love,
Jenny

........................

........................

........................

........................