This is our first post from our new house!!! Yes, our internet at home is now up & running and I am so thrilled! Soon our new home phone will be set up too!!! We will be switching to prepaid cel phones soon as well.
Today the niños and I met two other Moms & kids at a fancy park. We had such a fun time playing together. Combined, there were 11 kids - 9 of them adopted - besides our 3 Colombianos, the other kids were adopted from Guatemala and Ethiopia! Fun! The park had "dancing" fountains that we played in together. Yes, I came prepared to have fun and get WET. All the kids loved having me of their water dousing target. They filled buckets and splashed me over & over. I splashed all of them too! It was a wonderful, memorable time! The water helped with the stifling heat but unfortunately with all of the buckets of water poured over my head, my sunscreen washed off and I have a very sunburned face! Cute photos coming soon!
Today the niños and I met two other Moms & kids at a fancy park. We had such a fun time playing together. Combined, there were 11 kids - 9 of them adopted - besides our 3 Colombianos, the other kids were adopted from Guatemala and Ethiopia! Fun! The park had "dancing" fountains that we played in together. Yes, I came prepared to have fun and get WET. All the kids loved having me of their water dousing target. They filled buckets and splashed me over & over. I splashed all of them too! It was a wonderful, memorable time! The water helped with the stifling heat but unfortunately with all of the buckets of water poured over my head, my sunscreen washed off and I have a very sunburned face! Cute photos coming soon!
Fifteen days until the big reunion! The only thing better than hanging out with other adoptive families is hanging out with Colombian adoptive families!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
I love you Julie Kay!!!
Love, Karl
I loved this post! I know that it is such a blessing to get to know others that have a passion for adoption and to make great memories with our kids!
Love the new family picture!
We are also counting down the days until the big reunion! It will be so exciting to meet the many families we've come to know and love so much through following their blog journeys. Having lifted so many of the families up in prayer and joining along online in reading every detail the formation of those families... ahhh, it'll be so sweet to share in some fun and fellowship. Praise God in so many ways! Looking forward to meeting you and your beautiful family.
Genece and Rick
Marissa, Fabian, Karen, and Luis
Post a Comment